Operational Support Grade (OSG) BRIDGEND £19,969.09
Operational Support Grade (OSG)Location: BRIDGEND | Salary: £19,969.09 | Posted: 15 Mar 2022 | Closes: 10 May 2022 | Job Type: Full Time and Permanent | Business Unit: UK Central Government Services | Region / Division: UK & Ireland | Reference: 11242
Operational Support Grade (OSG) Gatehouse/Control
G4S Care and Rehabilitation Services
HMP Parc, Bridgend, CF35 6AP
Salary £19,969.09 per annum
Permanent, Full Time, 40 hours per week
Benefits: Company Pension, free on-site parking, on-site canteen, local Gym discounts, ongoing training and development and access to High Street Shop discounts.
Within Care and Rehabilitation Services, the philosophy of our prisons is to rehabilitate offenders and equip them to re-integrate into mainstream society on release. We seek to normalise prison conditions as far as possible to reflect life in the outside community. Our aim is to create an environment in which staff and prisoners feel safe and causes of prison stress are minimised. Central to our philosophy is the relationship between staff and prisoners. Our training and operational practices emphasise the need to treat prisoners with dignity and respect and G4S staff build positive and supportive relationships with the prisoners in their care. HMP & YOI Parc accommodates 1038 convicted male adult prisoners and remand/ convicted young offenders and young people in a secure but modern environment.
Working within the security and operations departments, to ensure that all policies and procedures are carried out in line with local security strategy.
- To be responsible for the secure entry and exit of staff / visitors / Maintenance personnel into and out of the establishment
- To ensure that no members of G4S staff / sub -contractors leave the establishment with keys, radios or Body Worn Video Camera, ensuring all procedures are followed as per the gatehouse task orders and local security instructions.
- Be the assigned escort point of contact for contractors / deliveries and maintenance personnel entering and leaving the establishment.
- As per specific work schedules / deliveries, escort contractors / deliveries to designated areas of the prison to allow for scheduled maintenance and other tasks to be completed.
- Accompany contractors / deliveries at all times whilst these tasks are being completed
- To deal with internal / external personnel in a polite and professional manner
- Maintain the security of the prison establishment at all times, following all local security procedures and ensuring all locks and doors are secured as they are passed through
The Ideal Candidate:
- Booking in/out of all vehicles; Searching of all vehicles entering/ exiting the prison and personnel
- Maintaining roll count; Escorting all vehicles
- Checking all prisoner release pass before release from Prison
- Liaising with Admissions/Control on Possible emergency procedures such as Category “A” transport Emergency Services arriving (Fire, Ambulance, Police)
- Maintaining the Security of the Establishments perimeter via correct operation of the airlock system and to ensure that no members of G4S staff / sub-contractors leave the establishment with keys, radios or Body Worn Video Camera, ensuring all procedures are followed as per the gatehouse task orders and local security instructions
- Carry out internal and external perimeter checks
- Continual charging of radio batteries
- Ensure the secure issue and return of all Body Worn Video camera’s
- Operation of sliding doors permitting ingress and egress both for Staff and Visitors, and to ensure that no members of G4S staff / sub-contractors leave the establishment with keys / radios or Body Worn Video Camera, ensuring all procedures are followed as per the gatehouse task orders and local security instructions
- Maintaining vigilance of all personnel leaving the establishment
- To control the radio net, operating the radio system in a professional manner and using the correct radio procedures in line with the local security strategy.
- To receive, evaluate and report information and incident; To control and authorise movement of prisoners, staff, contractors and vehicles within the establishment.
- To coordinate response to alarms and manage the initial response to events and emergencies.
- To be aware of the current situation in all parts of the prison in order to aid decisions on movements and events and to respond appropriately to emergency situations.
- To maintain an accurate and up to date roll count of the prison at all times and the number of prisoners in each area through movement control; To operate and monitor all CCTV equipment
- To maintain an occurrence log off all movements and incidents.
- To have an up to date knowledge of the HMP/YOI Parc contingency plans
- To maintain efficient operating procedures as per the local security strategy
The shifts are predominantly between the hours of 06:30am – 20:30pm. Weekend working and nights are to be included in the shift rota system and should be considered by anyone wishing to apply.
If you join us, you can be sure that you’ll find a secure, friendly and professional working environment and be given all the support, training and encouragement you need to build and develop a successful career with us.
HMP Parc encourages applications from Welsh speakers.
For more information on HMP Parc, please visit https://hmpparc.co.uk/
Equality and Diversity is an important part of G4S Care and Rehabilitation Services. We actively encourage applications from all diverse groups.
G4S CaRS is committed to safeguarding and promoting the wellbeing of children and adults at risk and each employee is expected to support these goals.
Please note that these vacancies are subject to a 5 year checkable history and the strict vetting standards set by G4S and the Secretary of State for the Home Office and are exempt from the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act.
You must be eligible to work in the UK and must have been resident in the UK for a minimum period of 3 years. You will also need to provide full details of your employment and education history for the last 5 years as part of the security screening process for this role.
Jobs that might be of interest:Prison Custody Officer
Apply now OMU Case Administrator - Full time/Fixed Term Contract (12 mths)
Apply now Prison Offender Manager
Apply now Prison Custody Officer - PART TIME
Apply now Recovery, Health and Wellbeing Senior Manager