Operational Support Grade (OSG) BRIDGEND £19,732.30
Operational Support Grade (OSG)Location: BRIDGEND | Salary: £19,732.30 | Posted: 17 Nov 2020 | Closes: 1 Dec 2020 | Job Type: Permanent & Full-time | Business Unit: UK Central Government Services | Region / Division: UK & Ireland | Reference: 9334
Operational Support Grade (OSG)
HM Prison Parc, Bridgend
Full Time - 40 hours per week
As the world’s leading security solutions group with operations in over 120 countries and more than 625,000 employees worldwide, G4S is a truly unique company. We’re bigger, more diverse and involved in more fascinating, cutting-edge projects than many people would imagine and we now have an opportunity for Operational Support Grades to join our team at HMP & YOI Parc, a category B prison, in Bridgend, South Wales, currently holding over 1300 convicted male adult prisoners and remand/convicted young offenders and young people in a secure but modern environment.
Working within the security and operations departments, to ensure that all policies and procedures are carried out in line with local security strategy.
- To be responsible for the secure entry and exit of visitors / maintenance personnel into the establishment
- Be the assigned escort point of contact for visitors / maintenance personnel
- Meet visitors at the Visitors Centre and escort through Visitors entrance into the prison
- As per specific work schedules, escort visitors to designated areas of the prison to allow for scheduled maintenance and other tasks to be completed
- Accompany visitors at all times whilst these tasks are being completed
- To deal with internal / external personnel in a polite and professional manner
- Maintain the security of the prison establishment at all times, following all local security procedures, and ensuring all locks and doors are secured as they are passed through
Secondary Duties, if required:
- Booking in/out of all vehicles; Searching of all vehicles entering/ exiting the prison and personnel
- Maintaining roll count; Escorting all vehicles
- Checking all prisoner release pass before release from Prison
- Liaising with Admissions/Control on Possible emergency procedures such as Category “A” transport, Emergency Services arriving (Fire, Ambulance, Police)
- Maintaining the Security of the Establishments perimeter via correct operation of the airlock system
- Continual charging of radio batteries
- Operation of sliding doors permitting ingress and egress both for Staff and Visitors
- Maintaining vigilance of all personnel leaving the establishment
- To control the radio net, operating the radio system in a professional manner and using the correct radio procedures in line with the local security strategy.
- To receive, evaluate and report information and incident; To control and authorise movement of prisoners, staff, contractors and vehicles within the establishment.
- To coordinate response to alarms and manage the initial response to events and emergencies.
- To be aware of the current situation in all parts of the prison in order to aid decisions on movements and events and to respond appropriately to emergency situations.
- To maintain an accurate and up to date roll count of the prison at all times and the number of prisoners in each area through movement control; To operate and monitor all CCTV equipment
- To maintain an occurrence log off all movements and incidents.
- To have an up to date knowledge of the HMP/YOI Parc contingency plans
- To maintain efficient operating procedures as per the local security strategy
The Ideal Candidate:
- Basic literacy and numeracy skills
- Basic IT skills
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to cope in a pressured and disciplined environment
- Strong team player
- Professional disposition and integrity
- Security Experience
At G4S, the philosophy of our prisons is to rehabilitate offenders and equip them to re-integrate into mainstream society on release. We seek to normalise prison conditions as far as possible to reflect life in the outside community. Our aim is to create an environment in which staff and prisoners feel safe and causes of prison stress are minimised. Central to our philosophy is the relationship between staff and prisoners. Our training and operational practices emphasise the need to treat prisoners with dignity and respect and G4S staff build positive and supportive relationships with the prisoners in their care. We are seeking to recruit a caring, pro-active and confident professional to help make a real difference to their lives.
If you join us, you can be sure that you’ll find a secure, friendly and professional working environment and be given all the support, training and encouragement you need to build and develop a successful career with us. Our benefits are as you would expect from a large global organisation and include a company pension, comprehensive training, career development, generous holiday entitlement, uniform and access to our on-site gym.
Standards set by G4S and the Secretary of State for the Home Office and are exempt from the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act.
You must be eligible to work in the UK and must have been resident in the UK for a minimum period of 5 years. You will also need to provide full details of your employment and education history for the last 10 years as part of the security screening process for this role.
HMP & YOI Parc is committed to a clean air policy for the wellbeing of its staff, and to protect them from the risks of passive smoking. Our prison is a smoke-free environment, and smoking is not permitted in any area of the establishment.
Jobs that might be of interest:Rosters and Scheduling Coordinator
Apply now Prison Custody Officer
Apply now Nurse / Paramedic
Location: Barnstaple, Devon
Apply now Nurse / Paramedic
Location: Barnstaple, Devon
Apply now Sexual Offence Examiner (Doctor)