Operational Manager - HMP Parc BRIDGEND £33,721.54
Operational Manager - HMP ParcLocation: BRIDGEND | Salary: £33,721.54 | Posted: 4 Dec 2018 | Closes: 25 Dec 2018 | Job Type: Permanent & Full-time | Business Unit: UK Central Government Services | Region / Division: UK & Ireland
HMP YOI Parc, Bridgend
Salary : £33,721.54
Full Time (40 hours per week)
As the world’s leading security solutions group with operations in over 100 countries and more than 610,000 employees worldwide, G4S is a truly unique company. We’re bigger, more diverse and involved in more fascinating, cutting-edge projects than many people would imagine and we now due to the retirement of a long time member of the team, we have an opportunity for Chaplain to join us at HMP Parc, a category B prison, In Bridgend, South Wales, currently holding over 1700 men and young people in a secure but modern environment.
The successful candidate will be required to manage the efficient and effective operation of allocated residential units to meet contractual and company requirements, responsibilities include regular staff supervision, daily team briefings ensuring all staff on duty are aware of their areas of responsibility, and the prisoners or public in their care.
- To manage and ensure prisoners attend education and employment activities, contributing to the delivery of purposeful regime hours and assisting in the prisoner meeting their sentence planning targets.
- To manage all ACCT processes within your area of accountability ensuring compliance and effective care for prisoners to reduce risk.
- To manage all Violence Reduction processes within your area of accountability ensuring compliance and effective care for prisoners to reduce risk.
- To ensure compliance with all relevant Local Security Strategy directives and targets, and to manage intelligence / SIR’s through the appropriate channels.
- To ensure that the Incentives and Earned Privileges (IEP) scheme is effectively operated and managed, to include publication and display of IEP information relevant to staff and prisoners, and regular reviews of each and every prisoners’ IEP status.
- To manage an effective and fair WLB system, to meet the profile as measured by Kronos.
- To ensure appropriate action is taken in the management of staff sickness.
- Provide a secure environment and to deliver a core day where prisoners receive all statutory rights in line with contractual obligations and company policies and procedures.
- To ensure that prisoners with physical, sensory or mental / learning disabilities are able to participate equally in prison life.
- To deliver the roles of Oscar 1 and 2 duties when and as required.
- Coach and support staff to maximise their performance and ensure values, ethical standards, equality and diversity, policies and procedures and contractual requirements are met.
- To manage and develop the establishment’s Residential function, including the completion of EDRs, ensuring that EDRs are opened for your function and all reviews take place within agreed timescales
- Prepare as required and ensure the delivery and quality of the offender management process to the relevant standards.
- Assist in the promotion of creating a positive Health & Safety culture to achieve and maintain recognition as a British Safety Council 5 Star business unit.
The Ideal Candidate:
- At least five years experience of working in a custodial setting
- Knowledge of principles of performance management
- The ability to work professionally with internal and external partners, statutory and third sector.
- Awareness of, and commitment to, the promotion of equal opportunities and the recognition of diversity
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
At G4S, the philosophy of our prisons is to rehabilitate offenders and equip them to re-integrate into mainstream society on release. We seek to normalise prison conditions as far as possible to reflect life in the outside community. Our aim is to create an environment in which staff and prisoners feel safe and causes of prison stress are minimised. Central to our philosophy is the relationship between staff and prisoners. Our training and operational practices emphasise the need to treat prisoners with dignity and respect and G4S staff build positive and supportive relationships with the prisoners in their care. We are seeking to recruit a caring, pro-active and confident professional to help make a real difference to their lives.
If you join us, you can be sure that you’ll find a secure, friendly and professional working environment and be given all the support, training and encouragement you need to build and develop a successful career with us. Our benefits are as you would expect from a large global organisation and include a company pension, comprehensive training, career development, generous holiday entitlement, uniform and access to our on-site gym.
Please note that this vacancy is subject to a 10 year checkable history and the strict vetting standards set by G4S and the Secretary of State for the Home Office and are exempt from the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act.
You must have indefinite leave to remain in the UK and must have been resident in the UK for a minimum period of 5 years. You will also need to provide full details of your employment and education history for the last 10 years as part of the security screening process for this role.
Jobs that might be of interest:Handy Person Semi Skilled Engineer
Apply now Plumber
Apply now Prison Custody Officer
Apply now Nurse or Paramedic (HCP)
Location: BRIDGWATER, Cornwall
Apply now Sexual Offence Examiner (Doctor)
Location: Bristol, City of