OMU First Line Manager BRIDGEND £29,103.41 - £31,294
OMU First Line ManagerLocation: BRIDGEND | Salary: £29,103.41 - £31,294 | Posted: 19 Feb 2019 | Closes: 5 Mar 2019 | Job Type: Permanent & Full-time | Business Unit: UK Central Government Services | Region / Division: UK & Ireland | Reference: 7570
OMU First Line Manager
HMP Parc, Bridgend, Wales, CF35 6AP
Salary: £29,103.41 - £31,294 per annum
Full time (40 hours per week)
G4S is a large and diverse company with operations in over 100 countries and more than 610,000 employees worldwide, G4S is a truly unique company who are bigger, more diverse and involved in more fascinating, innovative projects than many people would imagine and we now have an opportunity for an OMU First Line Manager to join our team at HMP & YOI Parc, a category B prison, in Bridgend, South Wales, currently holding over 1600 men and young people in a secure but modern environment.
The Offender Management Unit plays a central role in the rehabilitation, resettlement and risk management of prisoners here at HMP Parc. As a First Line Manager in the OMU, you will oversee and supervise our team of highly skilled Offender Supervisors, ensuring that they are effectively case managing prisoners by assessing and managing the risks that they present both in custody and in preparation for release into the community. You will also play a key role in helping us to strengthen our approach to motivating and engaging our population so that they have the best chance of successful resettlement upon release.
- To ensure the work of the Offender Supervisor team is of high quality and meets required standards for submission (e.g. OASys assessments, Parole Board conduct reports, re-categorisation reviews)
- To assist in the achievement of Key Performance Targets and milestones with regard to Offender Management including OASys, re-categorisation, Lifers/IPP work, HDC, ROTL and Parole.
- To work collaboratively with NPS and CRC colleagues to promote the rehabilitation of prisoners and ensure robust risk management and public protection processes are in place.
- To work with the Probation Team Manager and Senior OMU Managers in the day-to-day management of the whole OM team, with particular focus on compliance, quality and staff development.
- Line management and development of OMU staff.
- To ensure key OM processes are carried out effectively, that relevant PSOs/PSIs are implemented and that we are working to achieve objectives set out in the Annual Reducing Reoffending Strategy.
- Develop links with external organisations promoting good practice with Parc to ensure quality of service to prisoners.
- Attend internal and external meetings as required.
- Source and provide training to OS team and wider HMP Parc employee group, including ITC.
- To participate in any other duties as required by OMU Senior Managers.
- Delegated authority from the Senior Managers and Head of Offender Management for day-to-day responsibility.
- To provide support and advice as required to Key Workers in line with OMiC expectations.
The Ideal Candidate:
Skills and Knowledge:
- Educated to at least GCSE level.
- Experience of working in partnership across statutory, private and voluntary sectors
- Ability to manage a large team
- Experience and knowledge of Criminal Justice processes
- Good IT skills
At G4S, the philosophy of our prisons is to rehabilitate offenders and equip them to re-integrate into mainstream society on release. Our aim is to create an environment in which staff and prisoners feel safe and causes of prison stress are minimised. Central to our philosophy is the relationship between staff and prisoners. Our training and operational practices emphasise the need to treat prisoners with dignity and respect and G4S staff build positive and supportive relationships with the prisoners in their care. We are seeking to recruit a caring, pro-active and confident professional to help make a real difference to their lives.
If you join us, you will find a secure, friendly and professional working environment and be given all the support, training and encouragement you need to build and develop a successful career with us. Our benefits are as you would expect from a large organisation and include a company pension, comprehensive training, career development, generous holiday entitlement, uniform and access to our on-site gym.
Please note that these vacancies are subject to a 10 year checkable history and the strict vetting standards set by G4S and the Secretary of State for the Home Office and are exempt from the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act.
You must be eligible to work in the UK and must have been resident in the UK for a minimum period of 5 years. You will also need to provide full details of your employment and education history for the last 10 years as part of the security screening process for this role.
HMP & YOI Parc is committed to a clean air policy for the wellbeing of its staff, and to protect them from the risks of passive smoking. Our prison is a smoke-free environment, and smoking is not permitted in any area of the establishment. The conveyance of smoking paraphernalia (including tobacco, cigarettes and e-cigarettes) through the Keylock and into the prison will be considered a disciplinary offence under the company’s Disciplinary Policy