Office Administrator - Health and Safety: G4S South Africa Polokwane - Mogalakwena R1 - R1
Office Administrator - Health and Safety: G4S South AfricaLocation: Polokwane - Mogalakwena | Salary: R1 - R1 | Posted: 23 Nov 2020 | Closes: 1 Dec 2020 | Job Type: Permanent & Full-time | Business Unit: South Africa - Secure Solutions | Region / Division: Africa | Reference: G4S/TP/3371275/201103
Remuneration and benefits will be commensurate with the seniority of the role and in compliance with company remuneration policy and practice.
Office Administrator (Health and Safety Department)
G4S SA, a leading provider of integrated security and cash management solutions, has a vacancy for an Office Administrator based at our Operations in Mogalakwena.
Reporting to the Contract Manager, this role is responsible for providing administrative support to the Operations.
The successful incumbent is a self-starter with a proven track record in maintaining company policy, adopting best practices, and is able to exercise sound judgement in the pursuit of the achievement of the goals of the organisation, and understanding the role which administrative support plays within a successful business unit. The incumbent will be expected to be results driven and to live the values of the organisation.
Administration Support for Quality Assurance System and Managers
- Distribution of the yearly audit schedule
- Other admin as may be required
- Follow-up on corrective action reports (ISO requirement)
- Upkeep of the National Audit register (ISO requirement)
- Co-ordinating role between managers
Assisting in ISO certification process
- Provide administrative support to the Department, ensuring that all deadlines are met.
- Co-ordinate all travel arrangements for the Department and external auditors
- Carry out filing and general administrative work
- Collation and submission/distribution of the various quality reports within the Department
- Control of Records/documents (ISO requirement)
- Administration if ISO documentation (ISO requirement)
- Revision of policies, procedures and availability of these approved documents at point of use
Administration Support for Health & Safety processes
- Reconciliation of Health and Safety Committee minutes for 65 Health and Safety committees for presentation to Exco.
- Reconciliation of Health and Safety audit findings for presentation to Exco.
- Ensure reporting of incidents to relevant regulatory authorities and G4S levels
- Maintenance of Health and Safety Statistics
- Assisting in completion of H and S documents required for tenders
- Compiling of monthly Health and Safety reporting to Africa
- Compiling of monthly Health and Safety reporting to Exco
- Compiling of Environmental reports
- Administration and maintenance of various Health and Safety documents and files required by the Health and Safety management system
The Ideal Candidate:
Minimum qualification & experience
- Up to 3 years relevant working experience in a similar role/environment
- A relevant tertiary qualification would be advantageous
- Proficiency in MS Office
- Basic knowledge and understanding of quality assurance
- Basic knowledge of the applicable legislation and regulations related to ISO certification
- Basic knowledge and understanding of Health Safety and Environment
- Basic knowledge and understanding of Company Policies, Processes and Procedures
- Good time management skills
- Effective organizational capabilities
- Computer skills (MS office)
- Good communication skills
- Conceptual thinking skills (integrating data, linking different kinds of information
- Collaborating and cooperating
- Dealing with changing circumstances
- Acting professionally
- Working with complexity
- Attention to detail
We welcome applications from all suitably qualified candidates, but SA citizens or those with a valid SA work permit, will have a distinct advantage.
About the Company:
G4S is the world’s leading international security solutions group, which specialises in secure outsourcing in countries and sectors where security and safety risks are considered
a strategic threat. G4S is the largest employer quoted on the London Stock Exchange and has a secondary stock exchange listing in Copenhagen.G4S has operations in more than 120 countries and more than 620, 000 employees. For more information on G4S, visit www.g4s.com.
G4S operates in over 26 countries in Africa and employs over 120 000 people on the continent.
At G4S South Africa, our vision is to be recognised as the leader in providing security solutions. We therefore endeavour to build and maintain a motivated, capable workforce who are proud to work for our region and able to deliver our commercial strategy. We continue to build on the excellent people management practices which are in place across the Group in order to fully engage our workforce. Our employees are the public face of G4S and we recognise and respect the value they add to the business by delivering excellent service day after day.
G4S is an organisation which is defined by its values, which are:
- Safety First - We prioritise safety management to protect the health and wellbeing of our colleagues and those around us.
- Performance - We seek to improve performance year-on-year to create long-term sustainability.
- Integrity - We can always be trusted to do the right thing.
- Best People - We employ the best people, develop their competence, provide opportunity and inspire them to live our values.
- Teamwork and Collaboration - We collaborate for the benefit of our customers and G4S.
- Expertise - We develop and demonstrate our expertise through our innovative approach to creating and delivering the right solutions.
- Customer Focus - We have close, open relationships with our customers which generate trust and we work in partnership for the mutual benefit of our organisations.
One of the G4S Group’s core values is to ensure we employ the Best People. We strive to develop our employees’ competence and inspire them to live our values. G4S ensures that we provide our employees with opportunities for growth and development within a dynamic and challenging business environment.
At G4S South Africa, we place great value on attracting and retaining the best people at all levels, to ensure the continued success of the organisation.
Jobs that might be of interest:Project Manager
Location: Sunnyvale, California
Apply now Project Manager
Location: City of Industry, California
Apply now Service Supervisor
Location: Duluth, Georgia
Apply now Program Manager for Subcontract Network
Location: Omaha, Nebraska
Apply now Telecom Regional Manager
Location: Albany, New York