Offender Supervisor BRIDGEND £22,737.04
Offender SupervisorLocation: BRIDGEND | Salary: £22,737.04 | Posted: 21 Jan 2019 | Closes: 4 Feb 2019 | Job Type: Permanent & Full-time | Business Unit: UK Central Government Services | Region / Division: UK & Ireland | Reference: 7429
HMP Parc, Bridgend
Salary : £22,737.04 per annum
Full-Time (40 hours per week)
G4S is a large and diverse company with operations in over 100 countries and more than 610,000 employees worldwide, G4S is a truly unique company who are bigger, more diverse and involved in more fascinating, innovative projects than many people would imagine and we now have an opportunity for an Offender Supervisor to join our team at HMP & YOI Parc, a category B prison, in Bridgend, South Wales, currently holding over 1600 men and young people in a secure but modern environment.
The successful candidate will be required to work within the Offender Management model to assess prisoner risk levels within national guidelines. Working closely with Offender Managers to implement a sentence plan, ensuring close collaboration with key workers and interventions within custody. Assess, identify and manage risk accordingly. Ensure appropriate information is communicated via secure Offender Management avenues in order to predict and manage risk, both in custody and upon release and support and encourage those with complex individual needs, tailoring interview styles and approaches to the needs of the individual. An example of this could include those with Learning needs or Language barriers.
- To supervise a generic caseload of offenders within required frameworks and timeframes in order to manage and reduce risk in Custody and in the community.
- Participate in, contribute to and undertake OASys Assessments carried out within the Offender Management Model / OASys framework.
- To ensure risk information is communicated with other areas of the establishment via internal risk management and communication procedures.
- To maintain accurate assessments and records for individual caseload within the OM model.
- To assess for and refer prisoners to appropriate interventions (programmes) within the prison estate.
- To carry out reviews in order to assess reduction/increase in risk and complete reports as appropriate, for categorisation review boards.
- To carry out ROTL Risk Assessments and support prisoners in achieving Home Detention Curfew.
- To actively participate in the parole review process as required and support a range of other agencies.
- Liaise with other Departments and Establishments; ensuring that prisoners are located in an estate equipped to address their Offending Behaviour through accredited programmes and employment opportunities.
- To support and manage risk in individuals with complex needs.
- Work collaboratively to build positive working relationships with other functions within the estate, in order to maintain a safe and secure environment for all.
- Act in accordance with security and operational instructions at all times to ensure the security of the estate is maintained.
- Assist in maintaining a positive Health & Safety culture in line with British Safety Council 5 Star standards.
The Ideal Candidate:
- Ability to work in a professional and non-judgemental manner with offenders of all categories and risk factors.
- Good IT skills and ability to use a range of programmes.
- Ability to manage and prioritise own workloads.
- Time management and organisational skills.
- Previous knowledge and experience in a custodial setting
- Experience of meeting short term and long term objectives
At G4S, the philosophy of our prisons is to rehabilitate offenders and equip them to re-integrate into mainstream society on release. Our aim is to create an environment in which staff and prisoners feel safe and causes of prison stress are minimised. Central to our philosophy is the relationship between staff and prisoners. Our training and operational practices emphasise the need to treat prisoners with dignity and respect and G4S staff build positive and supportive relationships with the prisoners in their care. We are seeking to recruit a caring, pro-active and confident professional to help make a real difference to their lives.
If you join us, you will find a secure, friendly and professional working environment and be given all the support, training and encouragement you need to build and develop a successful career with us. Our benefits are as you would expect from a large organisation and include a company pension, comprehensive training, career development, generous holiday entitlement, uniform and access to our on-site gym.
Please note that these vacancies are subject to a 10 year checkable history and the strict vetting standards set by G4S and the Secretary of State for the Home Office and are exempt from the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act.
You must be eligible to work in the UK and must have been resident in the UK for a minimum period of 5 years. You will also need to provide full details of your employment and education history for the last 10 years as part of the security screening process for this role.
HMP & YOI Parc is committed to a clean air policy for the wellbeing of its staff, and to protect them from the risks of passive smoking. Our prison is a smoke-free environment, and smoking is not permitted in any area of the establishment. The conveyance of smoking paraphernalia (including tobacco, cigarettes and e-cigarettes) through the Keylock and into the prison will be considered a disciplinary offence under the company’s Disciplinary Policy.