Offender Management in Custody Manager BRIDGEND £33,721.54
Offender Management in Custody ManagerLocation: BRIDGEND | Salary: £33,721.54 | Posted: 1 Dec 2018 | Closes: 22 Dec 2018 | Job Type: Permanent & Full-time | Business Unit: UK Central Government Services | Region / Division: UK & Ireland | Reference: 7322
Offender Management in Custody Manager
40 hours per week
£33,721.54 per annum
The successful candidate will
The post holder will manage the operation of the new Offender Management In Custody Module across HMP Parc. The post holder will work as part of a multi-disciplined team responsible for the day to day coordination, management and oversight of service delivery targets. The role will be challenging and diverse in order meet the needs of the prison environment.
You will be expected to work closely with the Senior Management Team, Residential Managers, Training and Offender Management Teams to create deliverable multi-disciplinary plans to drive the “Key Worker” module at ground level across residential units.
You will be responsible for the deployment of a residential cluster ensuring the correct allocation of resources for both the daily operation as well as the delivery of the keyworker scheme, working in collaboration with central deployment, to ensure non-effective cover arrangements are in place for both planned and unexpected circumstances.
You will collaboratively with colleagues in OM and Early Days in Custody staff to manage the effective allocation of individuals to keyworkers considering strengths and caseloads. To manage the re-allocation of cases where necessary, communicating effectively with all stakeholders.
- To be part of a framework model of quality assurance for the delivery of OMiC through routine compliance mechanisms ensuring the quantity and quality of delivery is to the required standard, including progression plans and PNOMIS entries.
- To coach and mentor staff in the delivery of OMiC, providing an initial point of contact for support in collaboration with the line manager.
- To provide routine reports to Line Managers about individual’s performance in respect of OMiC delivery to inform supervision/bi-lats/EDRs/performance management. To support in these processes as required.
- To assist with the ongoing development of materials and resources that are made available to keyworkers to ensure keyworker sessions are innovative, and tailored to individual needs. To provide said material as required to PCOs in the support of innovative OMiC delivery.
- To assist with the delivery of FMI/Keyworker training as required.
- To support the wider objectives of the residential management team as directed by the residential Senior Operational Manager.
The Ideal Candidate:
Skills and Knowledge
- Good literacy, numeracy & IT skills
- Supervisory or management qualifications/experience or willing to work towards qualifications in the workplace
- Proven experience of relevant IT systems including Word and Excel, proficient use of excel is crucial to the role
- Experience of producing coherent reports to include statistics and graphical analysis of information. The ability to carry out data analysis will be highly advantageous
- Experience of supervising in a demanding workplace
- Knowledge and understanding of issues relating to confidentiality and data protection
- At least 1 years’ experience of supervising or managing a team of individuals.
- Excellent organisational and planning skills
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills and ability to communicate at all levels
- Able to problem solve
- Ability to multi-task and prioritise workload but also have the aility to work as part of a team and under own initiative
- Able to work under pressure and to deadlines
- Demonstrate professionalism and discretion at all times
- Able to evidence sound decision making & problem solving in demanding environments