Nurse Barnard Castle, Durham £22,128 - £28,746
NurseLocation: Barnard Castle, Durham | Salary: £22,128 - £28,746 | Posted: 3 Dec 2018 | Closes: 28 Jan 2019 | Job Type: Permanent & Full-time | Business Unit: Health Services | Region / Division: UK & Ireland
Staff Nurse - Full Time
Location: HMYOI Deerbolt, Barnard Castle
Salary: £22,128 - £28,746 per annum, plus a £1500 annual Environmental Allowance
£1500 'Golden Hello' bonus upon starting with the company*
Are you looking for a career within a prison healthcare environment?
HMYOI Deerbolt is an establishment on the outskirts of Barnard Castle in County Durham, which looks after young men between the ages of 18 to 21 years of age. Our service operates 7 days per week (no Night Duties ) delivering a Primary and Emergency care service to the establishment.
We operate a Primary Healthcare facility largely focusing on Health Promotion to a group of young men aged between 18 to 21 years of age. We use telemedicine to manage appropriate health referral’s and this is an ever expanding area of practice. We work closely with partnership agencies including, the Prison Service, Mental Health teams, Learning Disabilities nursing, Sexual Health Services, Substance Misuse services. Dental Services, Pharmacies and GP Services.
To provide care for the physical and mental health needs of offenders in line with professional, contractual and company requirements.
- Provide health and social care to offenders to ensure a professional service is delivered in line with professional, contractual and company standards, including security instructions.
- Undertake assessments of offenders to identify physical and mental health needs and determine the appropriate level of intervention, care and management.
- To work predominantly within own area of specialism but to operate as part of a team delivering generic primary care services.
- Liaise with key stakeholders, including external agencies, to ensure the delivery of an effective and appropriate health service.
- Provide professional advice and support to allied health professionals and non-clinical staff to ensure the effective health and social care of offenders in line with current best practice.
- Coach, support and supervise healthcare staff, as required, to develop their skills in line with professional standards and current best practice as appropriate.
- Promote an understanding of, and develop health and social care services within the prison environment to maximise personal well-being and promote independence.
- Promotion of a positive health, safety and infection control culture to maintain a safe environment for all stakeholders.
- Complete all relevant documentation to deadline in accordance with professional, contractual and company requirements.
- To work at all times within the bounds of confidentiality, adhering to data protection and maintaining Caldicott Guidelines.
- Communicate effectively with appropriate others to minimise risk.
- To operate within the equality and diversity framework.
- Participate in bi annual Employee Development Review (EDR).
- Engage where appropriate in the selection, training and development of healthcare professionals and other related staff, in conjunction with appropriate others.
- Operate in accordance with the NMC Code of Conduct and G4S policies and procedures, adhering to legislation and best practice, undertaking further training as identified in conjunction with Line Manager.
- Any additional duties as negotiated with your Line Manager.
- Free Parking
- Staff canteen
- Free use of Gym and fitness facilities
- Easy access to local amenities within Barnard Castle
The Ideal Candidate:
Part 1 NMC registration
Experience of working within a team
Able to demonstrate a high level of literacy and numeracy
Able to provide examples of diversity in practice
Able to work within challenging and complex situations
Experience of working with potentially aggressive people
Evidence of ability to develop and maintain effective working relationships at all levels
*Golden Hello Scheme
Are you a qualified nurse or healthcare professional looking for a new post in a dynamic, values-led and supportive organisation?
G4S Healthcare has introduced a ‘Golden Hello’ Scheme to reward candidates for choosing G4S Healthcare as an employer. The scheme applies upon the successful full time contracted recruitment of Qualified Nursing Posts.
Following all satisfactory pre-employment checks and commencement of employment, you will receive the payment in two instalments as follows:
- £750 on commencement of employment (once all satisfactory pre-employment checks have been completed)
- £750 on successful completion of 6 months service.
The payments will be non-pensionable and will be subject to tax and national insurance deductions.
Further information will be discussed at interview, should you be successful.