Nurse Brasside £23,628 - £30,247
NurseLocation: Brasside | Salary: £23,628 - £30,247 | Posted: 30 Jan 2019 | Closes: 17 Feb 2019 | Job Type: Permanent & Full-time | Business Unit: Health Services | Region / Division: UK & Ireland | Reference: 7504
Staff Nurse (RGN)
Salary: £23,628 - £30,247 per annum
£1500 'Golden Hello' bonus upon starting with the company*
G4S Health Services has been one of the leading providers to all justice health environments since 2005. Working across Secure, Custody and Sexual Assault Referral Centres (SARC) across the UK, we provide primary care and forensic healthcare to a wide range of patients.
We currently have an exciting opportunity for nurses with any level of nursing experience to work within our Substance Misuse service in HMP Frankland. Experience of working in secure environments or within a substance misuse setting is welcomed, but is not essential for this role; what is essential is a ‘caring not judging’ attitude. A comprehensive induction programme is offered which includes all aspects of custodial nursing and working within a High security prison.
This is an ideal opportunity for nurses who are seeking to broaden their range of skills and knowledge in caring for people detained in a prison as part of a multi-disciplinary team. You will work collaboratively with other service provider partners to provide high quality patient care.
HMP Frankland is a High Security prison holding Category A, Category A High Risk and Category B adult males, serving 10 years and over, IPP or Life sentences plus High and Standard Risk category A remand prisoners.
Frankland has 6 house blocks, with anything up to 120 prisoners on each unit. Frankland also has Westgate unit - three units, when fully operational hold 65 prisoners. This house block includes the psychologically informed planned environment (PIPE) unit. Frankland also has a 13 bed Inpatient facility.
We provide a vast range of services in Frankland including Primary care, Mental health, Drug and Alcohol services and Dental. We also have access to Telehealth on site
Our Primary care team comprises of Head of Healthcare, Clinical Lead, Practice Manager and 3 senior nurses and we have 18 staff nurses, 10 Healthcare support workers, 1 Porter and 2 Chaperones. Staff nurses and HCSW work shifts on a rotational basis to include weekend working and night shifts.
Benefits as a Nurse:
- Salary of £23,628 - £30,247 per annum
- Company pension scheme with employer contributions
- Life assurance
- Employee discount scheme
- Childcare vouchers
- O2, Aviva and British Gas discounts
To provide care for the physical and mental health needs of offenders in line with professional, contractual and company requirements.
- Provide health and social care to offenders to ensure a professional service is delivered in line with professional, contractual and company standards, including security instructions.
- Undertake assessments of offenders to identify physical and mental health needs and determine the appropriate level of intervention, care and management.
- To work predominantly within own area of specialism but to operate as part of a team delivering generic primary care services.
- Liaise with key stakeholders, including external agencies, to ensure the delivery of an effective and appropriate health service.
- Provide professional advice and support to allied health professionals and non-clinical staff to ensure the effective health and social care of offenders in line with current best practice.
- Coach, support and supervise healthcare staff, as required, to develop their skills in line with professional standards and current best practice as appropriate.
- Promote an understanding of, and develop health and social care services within the prison environment to maximise personal well-being and promote independence.
- Promotion of a positive health, safety and infection control culture to maintain a safe environment for all stakeholders.
- Complete all relevant documentation to deadline in accordance with professional, contractual and company requirements.
- To work at all times within the bounds of confidentiality, adhering to data protection and maintaining Caldicott Guidelines.
- Communicate effectively with appropriate others to minimise risk.
- To operate within the equality and diversity framework.
- Participate in bi annual Employee Development Review (EDR).
- Engage where appropriate in the selection, training and development of healthcare professionals and other related staff, in conjunction with appropriate others.
- Operate in accordance with the NMC Code of Conduct and G4S policies and procedures, adhering to legislation and best practice, undertaking further training as identified in conjunction with Line Manager.
- Any additional duties as negotiated with your Line Manager.
The Ideal Candidate:
Part 1 NMC registration
Experience of working within a team
Able to demonstrate a high level of literacy and numeracy
Able to provide examples of diversity in practice
Able to work within challenging and complex situations
Experience of working with potentially aggressive people
Evidence of ability to develop and maintain effective working relationships at all levels
Are you a qualified nurse or healthcare professional looking for a new post in a dynamic, values-led and supportive organisation?
G4S Healthcare has introduced a ‘Golden Hello’ Scheme to reward candidates for choosing G4S Healthcare as an employer. The scheme applies upon the successful full time contracted recruitment of Qualified Nursing Posts.
Following all satisfactory pre-employment checks and commencement of employment, you will receive the payment in two instalments as follows:
- £750 on commencement of employment (once all satisfactory pre-employment checks have been completed)
- £750 on successful completion of 6 months service.
The payments will be non-pensionable and will be subject to tax and national insurance deductions.
Further information will be discussed at interview, should you be successful.
Please note this vacancy may close early if sufficient applications are received.
Jobs that might be of interest:Nurse / Paramedic
Location: Barnstaple, Devon
Apply now Flexi Sexual Offence Examiner (Nurse)
Apply now Male Engagement Officer/Crisis Worker
Apply now Flexi Sexual Offence Examiner (Nurse)
Apply now Paediatric Sexual Offence Examiner Doctor