Nurse- Sexual Offence Examiner Slough, Berkshire £100 retainer £150 per case
Nurse- Sexual Offence ExaminerLocation: Slough, Berkshire | Salary: £100 retainer £150 per case | Posted: 15 Feb 2019 | Closes: 12 Apr 2019 | Job Type: Permanent & Part-time | Business Unit: Health Services | Region / Division: UK & Ireland | Reference: 7600
Flexi Sexual Offence Examiner Nurse
Thames Valley SARC
£100 retainer £150 per case
Flexi – 6 shifts per month ( 12 hour shifts)
G4S Health Services has been one of the leading providers to all justice health environments since 2005. Working across Secure, Custody and Sexual Assault Referral Centres (SARC) across the UK, we provide primary care and forensic healthcare to a wide range of patients.
We have an opportunity to join the Thames Valley SARC Nursing Team covering Slough and Bicester SARCs. A Sexual Assault Referral Centre is a dedicated centre providing a comprehensive service to men and women who have suffered sexual assault, both for those who wish to involve the Police and those who self-refer. Utilising a multi-disciplinary team of Doctors, Nurses, Crisis Workers, Police Officers and support staff the SARC will provide crisis support, appropriate facilities and trained staff for completion of forensic medical examination, provision and advice regarding aftercare including Sexual Health and Emergency contraception, as well as facilitating onward support and referrals to other agencies, such as Counselling, Independent Sexual Violence Advisors and Health.
You will need to live within 90 minutes driving time of the SARC; We are looking for Flexi staff able to give at least 6 shifts per month availability mainly weekend and night time cover with some Monday-Friday daytime to cover annual leave. Full training will be given.
Benefits as a Sexual Offence Examiner Nurse:
- Salary of £100 retainer £150 per case
- Company pension scheme with employer contributions
- Life assurance
- Employee discount scheme
- Childcare vouchers
- O2, Aviva and British Gas discounts
To provide acute forensic examinations for victims of rape and sexual assault in accordance with G4S Health, FFLM and NMC guidelines and the NMC code conduct. To assist in the management of the SARC Service in line with national SARC Best Practice and contractual obligations.
- To carry out forensic examinations of victims of rape and sexual assault in accordance with G4S Health, FFLM and NMC guidelines
- To be available and to attend the SARC, or other venue, within an agreed timeframe when requested to by G4S Health call centre.
- To practice as an autonomous practitioner exercising independent and objective clinical judgement within professional guidelines and code of conduct.
- To treat all SARC clients with courtesy, consideration, care and respect and give appropriate care and treatment in accordance with best practice.
- To work with and liaise with the Crisis Worker and Specially trained officer to ensure that the client feels in control and the service is tailored to their needs.
- To obtain fully informed consent for all procedures from the SARC client.
- To take relevant forensic samples as per FFLM guidelines ensuring the chain of evidence, document injuries,
- To complete aftercare risk assessments; pregnancy, STI’s, blood-borne virus, mental health and safeguarding.
- To administer any relevant medication under G4S Health PGD’s.
- To complete all documentation as per local guidelines including a FFLM Proforma and an Aftercare Form, and store securely as per local guidelines.
- To complete written Police statements as soon as practically possible, when requested by G4S Health.
- To attend court when requested to as a professional witness
- To maintain their SARC Training Matrix by attending quarterly peer supervision, peer review, appraisals, undertaking quarterly reflective practice, completing mandatory training and attending relevant training, events and conferences.
- To work towards acquiring the LSOM qualification or equivalent
- To adhere to policies and procedures produced by G4S Health and the SARC.
- To maintain confidentiality at all times, adhering to data protection and maintaining Caldicott Guidelines at all times
- To support the SARC Manager and SARC Coordinator in the daily running of the SARC service.
- To support the SARC Manager with Clinical Governance (Audit, Training, Supervision, Clinical Incidents) and maintaining CQC standards.
- Liaising with Partner agencies to ensure Clients receive appropriate on-going support.
- To provide telephone support to callers in the context of a sensitive and non-judgmental service, using effective communication skills.
- Informing individuals (service users, family, professionals) about the self referral service and the choices available – whilst being aware of forensic windows and services available.
- Participate in multi agency partnership working.
- Produce and deliver presentations about the SARC service to partner agencies (eg. Police) and participate in Marketing of the SARC Service.
- Participate in bi annual Employee Development Review (EDR).
- Carry out any reasonable request from your Line Manager.
- Attend meetings on behalf of the SARC Manager and maintain the service in their absence.
The Ideal Candidate:
- Registered Nurse with 4 years post-reg experience
- Experience and confidence working as an Autonomou Practitioner
- Experience of Clinical Governance Processes
- Excellent Safeguarding knowledge and understanding
- Strong communication skills both written and oral.
- Experience working with Vulnerable Groups
- Enhanced DBS Disclosure
- Speculum Examination Skills
- Sexual Health
- Women’s Health
- Forensic Awareness
- Multi-Disciplinary Working
- Statement writing and giving evidence experience
This role requires the ability to work with vulnerable, frail people, who may be distressed or experiencing pain, in a caring and compassionate way. A Criminal Records Bureau check will therefore be required to exclude any individual with a history of criminal behaviour which could be considered unacceptable (by G4S or the clients) in a patient care environment. Safety is of paramount importance and the post holder must ensure that safe systems of work are followed without compromise. The post holder needs to be committed to maintaining high standards of customer care and service delivery.
Jobs that might be of interest:Flexi Sexual Offence Examiner - Doctor
Location: Slough, Berkshire
Apply now Flexi Sexual Offence Examiner - Nurse
Location: Slough, Berkshire
Apply now Senior Nurse (RGN)
Location: Gatwick, West Sussex
Apply now Paramedic
Location: Gatwick, West Sussex
Apply now Mental Health Ambulance Care Assistant- UCLH
Location: Bloomsbury, Greater London