Nurse/ RGN/ RMN / RNLD Bridgend [Pen-y-bont ar Ogwr GB-POG] £29,248.87-£34,665.33
Nurse/ RGN/ RMN / RNLDLocation: Bridgend [Pen-y-bont ar Ogwr GB-POG] | Salary: £29,248.87-£34,665.33 | Posted: 21 Sep 2021 | Closes: 12 Oct 2021 | Job Type: Permanent & Full-time | Business Unit: Health Services | Region / Division: UK & Ireland | Reference: 10253
Registered Nurse (RGN)
Salary- £29,248.87-£34,665.33 per annum
Shifts: Three long days a week, with a rotation on to weekends and nights OR five days a week, 8am to 5pm, with no weekends, bank holiday or nights.
Winners of the RCNi Nurse Award for Learning Disability Nursing 2020'
About our Site:
G4S Health Services has been one of the leading providers to all justice health environments since 2005. Working across Secure, Custody and Sexual Assault Referral Centres (SARC) across the UK, we provide primary care and forensic healthcare to a wide range of patients.
HMP Parc is a Category B men's private prison and Young Offenders Institution in Bridgend, Mid Glamorgan, Wales and is the only privately operated prison in Wales. We currently hold 1600 men
Are you an exceptional Adult Registered Nurse looking for a new role that is never predictable or dull? Working in secure healthcare brings new challenges where you can develop your skills and make a real difference. The days are varied covering nurse led clinics, emergency response, triage, wound care, examinations and referrals. No two days are the same with opportunities to develop into more senior roles.
- Provide health and social care to detainees to ensure a professional service is delivered in line with professional, contractual and company standards, including security instructions.
- Undertake assessments of detainees to identify physical and mental health needs and determine the appropriate level of intervention, care and management.
- To work predominantly within own area of specialism but to operate as part of a team delivering generic primary care services.
- Liaise with key stakeholders, including external agencies, to ensure the delivery of an effective and appropriate health service.
- Provide professional advice and support to allied health professionals and non-clinical staff to ensure the effective health and social care of detainees in line with current best practice.
- Coach, support and supervise healthcare staff, as required, to develop their skills in line with professional standards and current best practice as appropriate.
- Promote an understanding of, and develop health and social care services within the detention environment to maximise personal well-being and promote independence.
The Ideal Candidate:
Essential skills a Nurse:
- Part 1 NMC Registration
- Experience of working within a team
- Able to work within challenging and complex situations
- 5 year UK history of residence
Desirable skills a Nurse
- Evidence of further development of own clinical practice
- Experience of working within a secure environment
- Experience of triage
- Working as part of a multi-disciplinary team.
- Experience of long term conditions.
- Company pension scheme with employer contributions
- G4S Life Assurance Scheme
- Subsidised healthcare plan
- Charity work- Match-IT and Payroll Giving
- Employee Assistance Programme Scheme (Confidential Counselling Services, 24/7 support specialising in health and medical topics )
- Refer A Friend Scheme
- Discounts on high street shops and brands including several leading high street brands, retailers and travel suppliers
For further information please email: firstname.lastname@example.org
This role requires the ability to work with vulnerable people in a caring and compassionate way. A DBS check and relevant police/ prison clearance will be required to exclude any individuals with a history of behaviour which could be considered unacceptable (by G4S or the clients). Safety is of paramount importance and the post holder must ensure that safe systems of work are followed without compromise.
Please Note: If you are successful at the interview you will be required to attend site within 7 working days for a vetting interview.
It is G4S’ current policy (subject to the Equality Act 2010), in the light of the specific work being undertaken, that all [employees] must be fully vaccinated or have had the relevant [“full”]Covid-19 vaccinations [(including any “waiting period”)] by their commencement date.
A Disability Confident application was made a couple of years ago for the whole of G4S UK and Ireland, although the submission (including case studies etc) came from ESS. At that time Level 2 was awarded. Submission was recently made for re accreditation - but this time for Level 3 - and attached is the certificate confirming their achievement (which was again awarded to the whole business).
Jobs that might be of interest:Paediatric Sexual Offence Examiner- Doctor
Apply now Nurse/ Paramedic
Location: Barrow and Kendal
Apply now Nurse / Paramedic
Apply now Peripatetic Nurse / Paramedic
Apply now Nurse / Paramedic