Nurse - Reception County Durham £24,523 - £31,108
Nurse - ReceptionLocation: County Durham | Salary: £24,523 - £31,108 | Posted: 30 Jan 2019 | Closes: 14 Feb 2019 | Job Type: Permanent & Full-time | Business Unit: Health Services | Region / Division: UK & Ireland | Reference: 7514
Trained Nurse - Reception Duties
£24,523 - £31,108 per annum
£1500 'Golden Hello' payment on joining*
30 hours per week:
06.30 – 12.30 Monday to Friday
16.00- 21.00 Monday to Friday
G4S Health Services has been one of the leading providers to all justice health environments since 2005. Working across Secure, Custody and Sexual Assault Referral Centres (SARC) across the UK, we provide primary care and forensic healthcare to a wide range of patients.
HMP Durham was built in the early 19th Century and has been undergoing a major refurbishment programme during the last 10 years. HMP Durham a reception prison accommodating remands and men serving short sentences of no more than 56 days. The average length stay is 5 to 6 weeks . The establishment is serving the courts in the North East to the Scottish Boarder to Teesside and Northern Cumbria area. In February 2017, the operational capacity was 1,001.
With the high turn over the healthcare focus is on immediate needs and safety this may include substance misuse issues, mental health, physical injury and acute illness, in addition to this opportunity to test for BBV, immunisations and some aspects of health screening and promotion are provided.
Working predominantly Monday to Friday, the post holders will be responsible the aspect of delivery in relation to Healthcare reception screening, transfer and discharge processes within the custodial setting of HMP Durham.
The purpose of this post is to provide a clinical and coordinated approach ensuring the identification of immediate healthcare needs and risks on reception using clinical skills and assessment tools. You will also facilitate the transfer and discharge of prisoners ensuring continuity of care
The delivery of G4S policies and procedures and statutory frameworks governing patient care in a prison setting. The role is for a trained nurse who is able to work unsupervised and independently within the rules, policies and procedures of both G4S and its partners and Her Majesties Prison and Probation Service.
We are recruiting for a Reception Nurse to join our team.
Benefits as Reception Nurse:
- Salary of £24,523 - £31,108 per annum
- Company pension scheme with employer contributions
- Life assurance
- Employee discount scheme
- Childcare vouchers
- O2, Aviva and British Gas discount
Outline of Key Responsibilities:
- Reception screening of prisoners arriving in custody,
- Completion of healthcare processes to ensure the safe transfer and discharge of prisoners
- Primary Care Nursing Services. Which includes clinical assessment, delivery and evaluation of nursing care, general medication dispensing, generic and specific health screening, wound care, health promotion and education.
- It may be appropriate to deliver and support some aspect of secondary care within the custodial setting, this may include venesection, administration and management of intravenous drugs that may include cytotoxic medication. This is not considered a fully inclusive list. Any expansion or new development or procedure will be subject to appropriate training and competencies being in place.
- To be directly accountable and responsible for own nursing practice and to operate in line with NMC Code of Professional Conduct in relation to rules, regulations and policies on direct patient care.
- Other clinical interventions required will be discuss with line manager as required and when appropriate.
The Ideal Candidate:
- 1st level RGN or RMN with current registration with the UK Nursing Midwifery Council (NMC).
- Evidence of Continuous Professional Development (CPD).
- Proven post nursing registration experience
- Experience of key working and care planning
Golden Hello Scheme*
Are you a qualified nurse or healthcare professional looking for a new post in a dynamic, values-led and supportive organisation?
G4S Healthcare has introduced a ‘Golden Hello’ Scheme to reward candidates for choosing G4S Healthcare as an employer. The scheme applies upon the successful full time contracted recruitment of Qualified Nursing Posts.
Following all satisfactory pre-employment checks and commencement of employment, you will receive the payment in two instalments as follows:
- £750 on commencement of employment (once all satisfactory pre-employment checks have been completed)
- £750 on successful completion of 6 months service.
The payments will be non-pensionable and will be subject to tax and national insurance deductions.
Further information will be discussed at interview, should you be successful.
Jobs that might be of interest:Nurse / Paramedic
Location: Barnstaple, Devon
Apply now Flexi Sexual Offence Examiner (Nurse)
Apply now Flexi Sexual Offence Examiner (Nurse)
Apply now Sexual Offences Examiner (SOE) Dr
Apply now Bank Nurse / Paramedic