Nurse / Paramedic Barnstaple, Devon £15,811.25
Nurse / ParamedicLocation: Barnstaple, Devon | Salary: £15,811.25 | Posted: 29 Dec 2020 | Closes: 26 Jan 2021 | Job Type: Permanent & Part-time | Business Unit: Health Services | Region / Division: UK & Ireland | Reference: 9487
Part Time (19 per week 2 nights, 5 off)
G4S Health Services has been one of the leading providers to all justice health environments since 2005. Working across Secure, Custody and Sexual Assault Referral Centres (SARC) across the UK, we provide primary care and forensic healthcare to a wide range of patients.
We are recruiting for a Nurse or Paramedic (HCP) in Barnstaple, Torquay.
Benefits as a Nurse or Paramedic (HCP):
- Salary £15,811.25 per annum
- Company pension scheme with employer contributions
- G4S Life Assurance Scheme
- Free eye-tests/discounts for VDU users
- Subsidised healthcare plan
- Charity work- Match-IT and Payroll Giving
- Employee Assistance Programme Scheme (Confidential Counselling Services, 24/7 support specialising in health and medical topics )
- Refer A Friend Scheme
- Discounts on high street shops and brands including several leading high street brands, retailers and travel suppliers
As a Custody Nurse or Paramedic (HCP), you will:
- Attend police custody to assess, document and treat detainees and determine fitness to remain in custody
- Carry out medical and forensic examinations
- To be available for court attendance when requested
The Ideal Candidate:
Essential Skills for a Custody Nurse or Paramedic (HCP):
- HCPC Paramedic or Registered General Nurse with at least 3 years post qualification experience
- Ability to take blood samples
- Full Driving License and own vehicle
- Experience in an autonomous/ lone working role
- Recent Acute experience
This role requires the ability to work with vulnerable people in a caring and compassionate way. A DBS check and relevant police/ prison clearance will be required to exclude any individuals with a history of behaviour which could be considered unacceptable (by G4S or the clients). Safety is of paramount importance and the post holder must ensure that safe systems of work are followed without compromise.
Please note that this vacancy is subject to a minimum 5 year checkable employment and education history including criminal record vetting.
If you are successful at the interview stage, you will be required to complete all vetting paperwork within 7 working days.
To apply for this role, you must be eligible to work in the UK.