Nurse / Paramedic (HCP) Melksham, Wiltshire £17,166.60
Nurse / Paramedic (HCP)Location: Melksham, Wiltshire | Salary: £17,166.60 | Posted: 6 Feb 2020 | Closes: 5 Mar 2020 | Job Type: Permanent & Part-time | Business Unit: Health Services | Region / Division: UK & Ireland | Reference: 7602
£17,166.60 per annum
Part Time (21 hours per week - 2 nights, 6 off)
G4S Health Services has been one of the leading providers to all justice health environments since 2005. Working across Secure, Custody and Sexual Assault Referral Centres (SARC) across the UK, we provide primary care and forensic healthcare to a wide range of patients.
We are recruiting for a Part Time Nurse or Paramedic (HCP) in the Melksham area within Wiltshire.
Benefits as a Nurse/Paramedic (HCP):
- £17,166.60 per annum
- Company pension scheme with employer contributions
- G4S Life Assurance Scheme
- G4S Great for Savings: Discounts on high street shops and brands including several leading high street brands, retailers and travel suppliers
- G4S Box Office: As an official supplier to The O2, employees have the chance to buy tickets for a range of events
- O2 Discounts: For discounted offers on handsets, tariffs and broadband
- Eye Care Vouchers – Free eye-tests/discounts for VDU users
- Hospital Saturday Fund (HSF) Health Plan
- Charity work- Match-IT and Payroll Giving
- Employee Care Scheme (Best Doctors and First Assist Counselling Services)
- Refer A Friend Scheme
- Love to Shop Campaigns
Job Requirements as a Custody Nurse or Paramedic (HCP):
If unpredictable shift work and long hours are taking their toll, then consider a move into this exciting profession as a HCP (Nurse or Paramedic). Working in custody requires you to be comfortable working on your own medically and be able to collaborate with various departments, all of whom will rely on your skills and experience to create the best outcome for detainees, officers and victims of crime.
As a Custody Nurse or Paramedic (HCP), you will:
Attend police custody to assess, document and treat detainees and determine fitness to remain in custody
Carry out medical and forensic examinations
To be available for court attendance when requested
The Ideal Candidate:
Essential Skills for a Custody Nurse or Paramedic (HCP):
- HCPC Paramedic or Registered General Nurse with at least 3 years post qualification experience
- Ability to take blood samples
- Full Driving License and own vehicle
- Experience in an autonomous/ lone working role
- Recent Acute experience
This role requires the ability to work with vulnerable people in a caring and compassionate way. A DBS check and relevant police/ prison clearance will be required to exclude any individuals with a history of behaviour which could be considered unacceptable (by G4S or the clients). Safety is of paramount importance and the post holder must ensure that safe systems of work are followed without compromise.
Please note that this vacancy is subject to a minimum 5 year checkable employment and education history including criminal record vetting. To apply for this role, you must be eligible to work in the UK.
Jobs that might be of interest: