Nurse - Learning Disability MILTON KEYNES, Buckinghamshire £29,248.87 - £34,665.33
Nurse - Learning DisabilityLocation: MILTON KEYNES, Buckinghamshire | Salary: £29,248.87 - £34,665.33 | Posted: 30 Sep 2021 | Closes: 28 Oct 2021 | Job Type: Permanent & Full-time | Business Unit: Health Services | Region / Division: UK & Ireland | Reference: 10532
Learning Disability Nurse
Salary: £29,248.87 - £34,665.33
Shifts: Various shifts, 40 hours per week, full time
Oakhill STC (MK5 6AJ)
Are you looking for a new opportunity that will give you new experiences? G4S are looking for an experienced Learning Disability Nurse to join their secure healthcare team. As a member of a multidisciplinary team, the post holder will be required to complete assessments, and will be responsible for managing a caseload of patients within a secure setting. The post holder is required to work with service users from a holistic perspective, taking into account a variety of complex needs.
About our Site:
G4S Health Services has been one of the leading providers to all justice health environments since 2005. Working across Secure, Custody and Sexual Assault Referral Centres (SARC) across the UK, we provide primary care and forensic healthcare to a wide range of patients.
Oakhill Secure Training Centre (STC) is an 80 bedded secure establishment that holds males from 12-17 years old. We provide healthcare services in line with the NHS including GP, Dentist, Optician, Physiotherapy, and Podiatry. We also provide Immunisations, Sexual health clinics and Young Fatherhood programs. We provide assessments using the Comprehensive assessment tool (CHATS) that are utilised across the youth secure estate. The team is made up of RNLDs, RMNs, and RGNs RCNs.
- Maintain own caseload of prisoners with a diagnosed Learning Disability or ASD. Complete initial assessment on all new referrals, appropriate care planning and follow up procedures.
- To attend and participate in the processes as per prison policy designed to assist with prisoners at risk of self-harm/suicide, in line with NICE Guidance.
- To attend monthly supervision with line manager and complete yearly EDR to assess targets, progression and learning objectives.
- Work to support prisoners by using excellent communication and interpersonal skills as well as patience and resilience.
- To provide awareness training and advice for staff on the care of prisoners with a Learning Disability.
- Assist with awareness days and workshops delivered by the PCMHT and work with the team to develop these further.
- Attend and participate in weekly Integrated Mental Health Team Referrals meetings to ensure integrated approach is maintained when discussing at risk prisoners.
The Ideal Candidate:
- Part 1 NMC registration
- 5 year UK history of residence
- Evidence of further development of own clinical practice
- Experience of working in a secure environment
- Degree level qualification or above
- Experience in involvement in innovation or change
- Hold a Nurse Prescriber qualification
- Evidence of working in a ‘value for money’ service
- Driving licence.
- Company pension scheme with employer contributions
- G4S Life Assurance Scheme
- Subsidised healthcare plan
- Charity work- Match-IT and Payroll Giving
- Employee Assistance Programme Scheme (Confidential Counselling Services, 24/7 support specialising in health and medical topics )
- Refer A Friend Scheme
- Discounts on high street shops and brands including several leading high street brands, retailers and travel suppliers
For further information please email: firstname.lastname@example.org
This role requires the ability to work with vulnerable people in a caring and compassionate way. A DBS check and relevant police/ prison clearance will be required to exclude any individuals with a history of behaviour which could be considered unacceptable (by G4S or the clients). Safety is of paramount importance and the post holder must ensure that safe systems of work are followed without compromise.
Please Note: If you are successful at the interview you will be required to attend site within 7 working days for a vetting interview.
It is G4S’ current policy (subject to the Equality Act 2010), in the light of the specific work being undertaken, that all [employees] must be fully vaccinated or have had the relevant [“full”]Covid-19 vaccinations [(including any “waiting period”)] by their commencement date.
A Disability Confident application was made a couple of years ago for the whole of G4S UK and Ireland, although the submission (including case studies etc) came from ESS. At that time Level 2 was awarded. Submission was recently made for re accreditation - but this time for Level 3 - and attached is the certificate confirming their achievement (which was again awarded to the whole business).
Jobs that might be of interest:Mental Health Nurse- RMN/ Childrens Nurse
Location: MILTON KEYNES, Buckinghamshire
Apply now Administrator
Apply now Administrator
Location: Thames Valley
Apply now Bank RGN
Location: Rugby, Warwickshire
Apply now Prison Custody Officer - *BRAND NEW BUILD*