Nuclear Security Officer-Armed (Non Responder) Middletown, PA 22.00
Nuclear Security Officer-Armed (Non Responder)Location: Middletown, PA | Salary: 22.00 | Posted: 30 Jun 2021 | Closes: 30 Jul 2021 | Job Type: Fixed Term | Business Unit: US Secure Solutions | Region / Division: North America | Reference: G4S/TP/2994634/213574
The world's leading private security organization, G4S, has an immediate job opportunity for an Armed Nuclear Security Officer. As an Armed Nuclear Security Officer, you will provide physical protection of nuclear power generating facilities against intrusion and acts of sabotage. Conduct armed stationary, foot and/or vehicle patrol and compensatory measures. Conduct vehicle escort duties. Conduct searches on personnel, materials and vehicles. Monitor CCTV and plant surveillance equipment as required. Deter criminal activity, misconduct, and safety violations. Perform other duties as specified in the nuclear training and qualification plan and post orders.
This position requires availability for response during days, nights, weekends, and holidays to liaison for equipment malfunctions, site emergency support activities, and personnel training.
G4S is a security provider for the United States government, fortune 500 companies, nuclear power plants, oil and gas companies, airport, ports, banks, hospitals, factories, warehouses, commercial facilities, residential communities and much more.
As a full time employee of G4S, you will be entitled to the following benefits:
- Major Medical, Dental and Vision
- Opportunities for additional training to aid in your professional development
As an employee you will also be able to participate in the Promote Me! Community. Promote Me! is available to interested current employees as a way to express interest in further advancement, as well as gain information and encourage professional development.
Further, as a current employee you will be eligible to participate in large group rates for the following benefits:
- Critical Illness
- Accident Insurance
- Whole Life Insurance
- Individual Short-Term Disability
- Pre-Paid Legal Services
- Identity Theft Services
- Pet Insurance
In addition, G4S provides benefits that are automatically available to all full or part-time employees, whether you enroll in a G4S insurance plan or not. And with no premiums to pay!
- RxCut Pharmacy Discount Program
- Doctor on Demand
- Qualsight LASIK Savings
- Perks at Work: G4S Employee Discount Program
- Alliant Credit Union
- Purchasing Power
- Active & Fit: G4S Fitness Center Membership
- FinFit: Financial Wellness Program
- DailyPay: Access your pay when you need it
G4S offers job security, excellent pay and benefits, and career opportunities. We offer entry level careers, management careers, sales careers and executive careers across the United States and internationally.
Specific Duties and Essential Functions
- Maintain compliance with all site policies, procedures, and directives
- Assess alarms, investigate and report suspicious activities and/or circumstances, as directed
- Identify safety and/or fire hazards and make recommendations for improvement
- Report degradation, deficiencies and accidents in accordance with current procedures and take appropriate corrective actions as directed by Security force Supervision
- Perform searches of personnel, vehicles, packages and material
- Control access of personnel, vehicles and materials into the protected area and maintain appropriate log
- Perform compensatory postings and escort duties as directed by Security Force Supervision and in accordance with current procedures and directives
- Participate in security drills, practical exercises and required training programs as directed
- Perform all work in a safe manner and adhere to all PPE requirements
- Maintain periodic qualification of armed response, physical fitness and weapon requirements
- Adhere to regulatory fatigue orders and work hours tracking requirements
- Ensure house-keeping expectations are met
- Maintain all required qualifications for site access
The Ideal Candidate:
Education, Licenses and Certifications Required
- Must possess a high school diploma or equivalent
- Pass any State-required training or other qualifications for licensing
- Proficient computer skills including Microsoft Office
- Effective oral and written communication skills
- Active listening skills
- Ability to assess and evaluate situations effectively
- Ability to identify critical issues quickly and accurately
- Attention to detail
- Must be at least 21 years old or the minimum age required by the state, if higher
- Must be a U.S. citizen or a foreign citizen authorized to legally work in the United States
- Must be able to work scheduled shifts (i.e. 12 hours, rotating shifts) including nights, weekends and holidays
- Must have access to reliable transportation
- Must be able to successfully complete all training required for the position
- Must be able to operate a radio or telephone equipment and/or console monitors and surveillance equipment.
- Must have demonstrated an ability to interact cordially and communicate with the public
- Must submit to the following, pre-offer:
- Pearson Reid Reading and Arithmetic Index
- Security Officer Profile test
- Must submit to the following, post-offer in accordance with the code of federal regulations for armed nuclear security assignment (10CFR, Appendix B):
- MMPI – Psychological testing
- Physical Exams, including vision and hearing, in accordance with nuclear regulatory requirements and site training and qualification plan
- Physical fitness (agilities) test in accordance with site training and qualification plan
- Firearms qualification with handgun and/or rifle per client contract and site training and qualification plan
- Nuclear site-specific training and testing providing general knowledge of nuclear power generation science and principles, plant rules and regulations, communications, and access.
- Subject to a drug screen to the extent permitted by law
- Must be able to provide, upon job offer, a DD214 discharge document with discharge status indicated, if prior military
Physical Requirements and Environment
Environment: Indoor and outdoor, temperature ranges from moderate to extreme cold and heat
Major activity: Walking, standing, speaking, listening, observing
Physical efforts to carry out job duties: Standing, walking, sitting, stooping, kneeling, and maneuvering up to thirty pounds of equipment or gear.
About the Company:
EOE Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity
G4S is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer
and an Alcohol- and Drug-Free Workplace
G4S will consider qualified applications with criminal histories in a manner consistent with applicable federal, state, and local laws.
If you have any questions regarding Equal Employment Opportunity, Affirmative Action or Diversity and Inclusion, or have difficulty using the online system and require an alternate method to apply, please contact our Corporate Human Resources Department at (800) 506-6265.
To receive an update on your application status, please contact our local office by following this link: http://g4s.us/en/Contact-Us/Local-Offices
Jobs that might be of interest:Security Officer
Location: Harrisburg, Pennsylvania
Apply now Security Officer - Healthcare
Location: Hershey, Pennsylvania
Apply now Security Officer
Location: York, Pennsylvania
Apply now Security Officer
Location: Gratz, Pennsylvania
Apply now Security Officer
Location: Reading, Pennsylvania