Night Operations Supervisor Nine Elms SW8 £26,163.96 Plus Night Allowance
Night Operations SupervisorLocation: Nine Elms SW8 | Salary: £26,163.96 Plus Night Allowance | Posted: 2 Jan 2019 | Closes: 31 Jan 2019 | Job Type: Permanent & Full-time | Region / Division: UK & Ireland
With our extensive history, here at G4S Cash Solutions, we know a thing or two about security and keeping money safe. We handle the majority of the cash that goes through the UK’s banks, and a third of the UK's total cash spend. From family florists to national coffee chains, we collect cash for over 4,500 businesses of every size in the UK.
This makes us the largest cash collection organisation in the country. Our success as a business is a result of our service and expertise. Our service and expertise is driven by our people. Here at G4S Cash Solutions, we are dedicated to recruiting the Best People and that all starts right here with You.
Responsible for maintaining the integrity of the audit trial into, within and out of the Processing department at all times. Working within Company procedural guidelines, to ensure high quality of service is constantly maintained, with optimum efficiency. To supervise cashiers in the department and to manage the workflow within the department in line with expected productivity and timelines. To maintain a standard of cleanliness and organisation (following the 5S principles) on the shop floor with all staff, regardless of cleaners.
Team Work and Collaboration
- Responsible for the supervision of Cashiers.
- Communicate effectively with internal suppliers and customers (e.g. vault) to ensure cash is supplied & taken in a controlled and efficient manner.
- Liaise and communicate with other areas to assure the smooth running of the area.
- Conduct training of new cashiers and give ongoing training as necessary.
- The ability to substitute for the Section Manager when required.
- Monitor, publish and communicate processing rates on an hourly basis if required.
- Assure high standards of housekeeping and adherence to work wear policies.
- Ensure timely and full completion of all supporting documentation.
- Manage a team of cashiers to the standard operating procedures (SOPs).
- Assure all Company security procedures are adhered to at all times.
- Ensure a full audit trail is maintained for values transferred to and from the area.
- Verify discrepancy claims paperwork and supporting documentation.
- Verify unclaimable losses and investigate potential causes.
- Ensure productivity targets are understood and challenge any underperformance.
- Proactive input to productivity gains and waste elimination opportunities.
- Ensure optimum workflow to individual cashiers to maximise efficiency.
- Assure the area is kept clean (5S) and free of hazards and Health & Safety issues are reported.
- Ensure documentation to support effective handover between shifts.
- Ensure audit compliance.
- Investigate and report on equipment faults to assure timely rectification action.
- Authorise any discrepancies and ensure adequate investigation and documentation.
- Be responsible for adherence to the audit requirements and the correction of any failures/shortfalls in score in a structured format.
- Ensure all funds held are secured and there is full identification of these at all times.
This role profile will be subject to change in accordance with departmental developments and the job holder’s expertise.
The Ideal Candidate:
- Effective communication skills.
- Ability to motivate and influence others.
- Good team player.
- Competent in training others
- Proactive approach and ability to use own initiative.
- Previous work experience in cashier/cash handling role or production environment.
- Working knowledge of cash processes and equipment.
- Supervisory experience or demonstrate leadership qualities.
Jobs that might be of interest:Cashier - Day 06:00 - 14:00 or 08:00 - 16:00 Park Royal
Location: NW10 7SA
Apply now Cashier - Nights 10:00 hrs to 06:00 hrs Park Royal
Location: Park Royal NW10
Apply now Cashier - Days Hours from 07:00 -18:00
Location: SW8 4UG
Apply now Part time Vault Officer
Apply now Vault Officer - Night Shift
Location: Park Royal