Network Engineer Rochester, New York Competitive
Network EngineerLocation: Rochester, New York | Salary: Competitive | Posted: 2 Jul 2021 | Closes: 31 Jan 2022 | Job Type: Permanent & Full-time | Business Unit: US - G4S Secure Integration | Region / Division: G4S Technology | Reference: NY070221NE
G4S Secure Integration is looking for an experienced Network Engineer to support the engineering team in network system design, installation, programming, and maintenance.
- Support networking team for support of existing systems
- Provide design, implementation, maintenance of LAN/WAN network devices and transport gear
- Provide engineering support of Security service requests and maintenance
- Attend deployment meetings and support deployment of network equipment ahead of security equipment
- Support return material authorization requests and testing processes to ensure material can go back to the vendor or service repairs as necessary
- Support designs to standards as required including NERC Compliance and documentation
- Provide preprogramming of devices for installation as required by firmware updating and testing
- Support system analysis with vendor support for constant system efficiency
- Oversee lifecycle replacements
- Other duties as assigned by supervision.
The Ideal Candidate:
- Bachelor’s degree in IT or network field
- 1 to 10 years of experience in the security environment or LAN/WAN experience with training on multiple vendors
- An acceptable and equivalent combination of education and experience will be considered
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Office software programs
- If required by job responsibilities, incumbent must possess a valid driver’s license and pass defensive driving
About the Company:
G4S brings your systems together. We design, build and maintain stand-alone and integrated security systems. A trusted partner to customers and suppliers, G4S takes great pride in delivering outstanding expertise and superior service.
We have the ability to provide full turnkey services: taking a customer’s requirements, developing the concept, designing the network, selecting the product that best fits the requirements, and completing the installation.
Why Work for G4S?
- Competitive Salary
- Medical, Dental, Vision, and Disability Plans
- Life Insurance
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Employee Assistance Program
- 401(k) match
- Paid Time Off & Paid Holidays
- Employee referral program
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Professional Certification Reimbursement
Equal Opportunity Employer/Minorities/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity
VEVRAA Federal Contractor
Jobs that might be of interest: