Network Control Center Operator III Middletown, Connecticut Competitive
Network Control Center Operator IIILocation: Middletown, Connecticut | Salary: Competitive | Posted: 10 Feb 2021 | Closes: 31 May 2021 | Job Type: Permanent & Full-time | Business Unit: US - G4S Secure Integration | Region / Division: G4S Technology | Reference: CT021021NCCIII
Adesta, a G4S company, is looking for a Network Control Center Operator III to perform ongoing monitoring and analysis of the customer’s wide variety of networks and services; data entry & tracking; coordinate with technicians and customers to provide timely trouble resolution; and provide level-one and two help desk support and services in a fast paced call center environment
- Monitoring of customer’s wide variety of networks
- Coordinate with technicians, customers & vendors to resolve issues in a timely manner to maximize system up time.
- Accurately process system(s) alarms and provide incident tracking, documentation and notification in accordance with published processes
- Maintain Daily Activity Log including tracking and notification of persons visiting remote site locations.
- Perform subscriber radio control functions as needed
- Provide level-one and two help desk functions (call-taking, ticket creation & notification to technicians and customer in accordance with published processes)
- Initiate disaster recovery phone reroutes as needed.
- Data entry/maintenance for third-party notifications, asset tracking & radio subscriber databases
- Provide level-two system/network response (Analysis)
- Technical database related duties regarding Radio Subscriber Management, Asset Tracking Database Management, Manage Third Party Notifications Database(s)
The Ideal Candidate:
- 2 year college degree preferred. High School Graduate or equivalent required.
- 1+ year experience at a NCC Operator II level.
- Good understanding of computer operating systems, hardware, software, telecommunications and voice radio systems is helpful.
- Excellent data entry skills and proficient with Microsoft Word, Excel & Access.
- An acceptable equivalent combination of education and experience will be considered.
- Must have strong customer service and interpersonal skills
- Possess strong attention to detail
- Proven ability to execute multiple tasks efficiently and effectively
- Ability to be flexible and handle change in a dynamic operations center environment
- Must possess a valid driver’s license
About the Company:
Adesta specializes in the design and implementation of modern communications networks and infrastructure for public and private customers and government entities. Adesta works to craft solutions that meet our customers’ project goals and budgets, and position them well for future success. Adesta not only offers the engineering, technical, and management expertise of an established systems integrator; we also back our expertise with dependable maintenance support and training.
Why Work for Adesta?
- Competitive Salary
- Medical, Dental, Vision, and Disability Plans
- Life Insurance
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Employee Assistance Program
- 401(k) match
- Paid Time Off & Paid Holidays
- Employee referral program
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Professional Certification Reimbursement
Equal Opportunity Employer/Minorities/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity
VEVRAA Federal Contractor