National Lead Nurse - Secure Healthcare Remote & £48,000- £58,000
National Lead Nurse - Secure HealthcareLocation: Remote | Salary: £48,000- £58,000 | Posted: 9 Jan 2019 | Closes: 6 Mar 2019 | Job Type: Permanent & Full-time | Business Unit: Health Services | Region / Division: UK & Ireland
National Lead Nurse
£48,000 - £58,000 based on qualifications and experience
The post holder will be responsible for the implementation of clinical nursing pathways of care which are evidenced based across the regional
Prisons/IRCs/STCs cluster. Acting as the nurse advisor for the region the post holder will be a member of the Senior Management Team and be
responsible for the continual development of nursing practice and innovation in Prisons/IRCs/STCs establishments.
Undertake clinical audit of nursing practice in the region in line with agreed audit schedules and
assist Heads of Healthcare in updating QCQ profiles. The post holder will contribute to both CQC
and NOMS joint inspections, working with Heads of Healthcare to implement quality
improvements where indicated.
- Develop and implement effective clinical pathways, NICE compliant, in the Prisons/IRCs/STCs cluster.
- Implement national policy in nursing practices.
- With partner colleagues implement NIHCE guidance in the management of nursing pathways
- Act as the nurse advisor to the Regional Director, Heads of Healthcare and Clinical Leads
- Contribute to continuously improving the patient experience through effective patient engagement and quality initiatives.
- Leading the development and embedding of New Models of Care into offender health nursing care.
- Support the implementation of G4S corporate objectives
- Lead region wide clinical and integrated audit programmes and facilitate partnership audit with partner providers
- Implement nurse revalidation processes in Prisons/IRCs/STCs Cluster and lead on the implementation of the Care Competency Certificate for Health care support workers.
- Contribute to the Health Improvement Strategy, Workforce development programme and other key priority work streams.
- Undertake , with Heads of Healthcare, training needs analysis for registered and non-registered health care staff
- Maintain own clinical competences and undertake clinical activity across the Prisons/IRCs/STCs
- Cluster and provide clinical expertise to nursing teams in the Prisons/IRCs/STCs.
- Lead on and support developments in Control of Infections national guidance.
The Ideal Candidate:
- First Level Nurse General Health
- Degree in Nursing/Health
- Teaching certificate
- Leadership qualification
- 4 years’ experience at Band 7 or above
- Senior clinical leadership experience
- Relationship management
- Evidence of service improvement capability
- Driving License and car
- Effective partnership working in complex environments.
- Evidence of practice at an advanced level
- Able to travel nationally and attend meetings in
- Prisons/IRCs/STCs and at G4S offices.
- Service mapping and process redesign
- Master’s degree
- Ability to operate at a strategic level
Jobs that might be of interest:National Lead Nurse - Secure Healthcare
Apply now Clinical Lead
Apply now Health Care Professional
Apply now Full Time Pharmacy Technician
Apply now Nurse / Paramedic