National Investigator: G4S Deposita South Africa Durban Market related
National Investigator: G4S Deposita South AfricaLocation: Durban | Salary: Market related | Posted: 23 Apr 2021 | Closes: 20 Jun 2021 | Job Type: Permanent & Full-time | Business Unit: South Africa - Cash Solutions | Region / Division: Cash Division | Reference: G4S/TP/2716490/209593
Remuneration and benefits will be commensurate with the seniority of the role and in compliance with company remuneration policy and practice.
G4S Deposita (SA), a leading provider of integrated cash management solutions, has a vacancy for an Investigator.
The successful incumbent is a self-starter with a proven track record in maintaining company policy, adopting best practices, and is able to exercise sound judgement in the pursuit of the achievement of the goals of the organisation, and understanding the role which Risk plays within a successful business unit. The incumbent will be expected to be results driven and to live the values of the organisation.
Main purpose of position:
The effective investigation of incidents and intelligence to mitigate risk to the organisation
Key performance areas:
Effective investigation within the company and in compliance with legislation and company policy
- The accurate and efficient investigation all incidents / allegations of criminal activity involving G4S customers and employees
- The accurate and efficient investigation all accidents resulting in injury, damage or loss involving G4S employees
- Compile case dockets for each investigation, recording all relevant information, witnesses and securing evidence required for a criminal prosecution, disciplinary process or liability claim.
- Assist with customer meetings on investigations
As directed mitigate the risk control process within the company
- Identify and recruit informers, to ensure effective information gathering within the region regarding criminal activity impacting on G4S customers.
- Audit branches on corrective actions to be taken.
- Investigate and promote compliance with company policies and procedures
Liaise with SAPS, Commissioners and legal bodies
- Provide appropriate assistance to SAPS officials to ensure criminal prosecution of cases investigated on behalf of G4S customers.
Health and Safety (safety is every employee's responsibility)
- Participate in the design/ development/ review/ implementation and monitoring of the branch/region/national safety plans for each year.
- Participate in safety forums created by company for example safety meetings and safety talks
- Report all safety incidents to the relevant people
- Discuss all safety incidents on all levels
- Follow-up on any activities assigned through safety meeting/committee/representative/management
- Attend safety education and refresher programmes
- Comply with safety policies and procedures at workplace
- Distribute safety information as and when required
- Wear protective clothing all the time
The Ideal Candidate:
- Matric / Grade 12
- Relevant Diploma or Degree in Policing or Risk Management preferred
- At least 3 years strong Investigations background with experience and knowledge in all fields of Investigations procedures.
- Must be able to manage investigations and attend to crime scenes.
- Implementation of new security measures in order to mitigate risk at all relevant branches and to follow up on compliance of procedures.
- Audit Branch Security and Cash Audits.
- Computer literate and able to create presentations.
- Docket management and a great ability in keeping accurate records of reports.
Able to travel and willing to work after hours as and when required.
- Computer skills
- Company Policies and procedures
- Strong investigative background
- Docket investigation and reporting
- Security Management
- Criminal / civil law
- Basic working knowledge of Industrial Relations and Human Resource processes
- Able to work alone or co-operate closely with a team
- Ability to audit and to conduct security risk surveys
- Able to understand and to implement new technologies within the department
- Able to work constructively under stress and pressure
- Able to communicate clearly both orally and in writing
- Able to train, supervise and motivate subordinates
- Strong surveillance and risk analysis
- Strong ability in monitoring that people is following regulations and procedures
- Great ability in keeping accurate records of reports
- Honest and reliable
- Positive and conscious outlook
- Quick thinking and steadfast in decision making
- Hardworking motivated and committed
- Strong surveillance and risk analysis investigation experience
- Willingness to travel at short notice
- Deep familiarity with a wide range of aspects of law (e.g., business, personal, criminal)
About the Company:
G4S is the world’s leading international security solutions group, which specialises in outsourced business processes in sectors where security and safety risks are considered a strategic threat. G4S is the largest employer quoted on the London Stock Exchange and has a secondary stock exchange listing in Copenhagen. G4S has operations in more than 125 countries and 657,000 employees.
G4S operates in over 25 countries in Africa and employs over 105 000 people on the continent. At G4S South Africa, our vision is to be recognised as the leader in providing security solutions. We therefore endeavour to build and maintain a motivated, capable workforce who are proud to work for our region and able to deliver our commercial strategy. We continue to build on the excellent people management practices which are in place across the Group in order to fully engage our workforce.
G4S is an organisation which is defined by its values, which are:
- We act with Integrity and Respect - Our business activities and relationships are built on trust, honesty and openness. We do what we promise and always strive to do the right thing. We listen. We treat our colleagues, customers and those in our care with the utmost respect.
- We are passionate about Safety, Security and Service Excellence - We are passionate about working safely and take great care to protect our colleagues and customers from harm. We are experts in security and use that knowledge to protect our customer’s assets. We keep our promises and are passionate about delivering high levels of customer service.
- We achieve this through Innovation and Teamwork - We invest in technology and best practice to continuously improve the products and services we offer. We challenge ourselves to find new ways of helping our customers achieve their goals. We work together as a team, valuing everyone’s contribution, to ensure we achieve the best results for our customers and our business.
For more information on G4S, please visit: www.g4s.com
Jobs that might be of interest: