National Fleet EngineerLocation: National | Salary: £45k - £50k | Posted: 13 Oct 2021 | Closes: 15 Oct 2021 | Job Type: Permanent & Full-time | Region / Division: UK & Ireland | Reference: G4S/CD/7261
Pension, Life Assurance, Employee Assistance Programme, 5 Weeks Holiday (with the option to purchase an additional week), We Care; 24/7 access to online GP, mental health support and virtual wellbeing, HSF - Health Cash Plan, Corporate perks and discounts (Perks @ Work and Home
G4S is the largest secure solutions company in the world and one of Britain’s top Employers. Our Cash Management Solutions business has expertise in secure logistics and payment services including cash and valuables transportation, cash processing, ATM and cash centre outsourcing, secure storage and retrieval and merchant services.
As an employee of G4S Cash Solutions, each role will have specific responsibilities for the identification, management and control of risk in order to safeguard the business, staff, customers, assets and reputation. Every G4S employee has a role to play in understanding and supporting the business in embedding effective risk management controls and assurance and be integral to the effectiveness and success of G4S.
• To drive and maintain a close supplier relationship with the Maintenance provider responsible for servicing a fleet in excess of 1000 across a number of national sites.
• Manage all aspects of the maintenance, location and condition of operational vehicles
• Ensure effective cost controls are robustly managed in terms of Vehicle Maintenance including spares spend, identifying trends and training gaps across the team.
• Build a preventative maintenance culture within the team and wider business.
• Arrange monthly review meetings/conference calls as required with our key maintenance providers
• Produce management information including Data analysis in regards to preventative vehicle maintenance and improving vehicle compliance and availability
• Provide demonstrable management information to evidence improvements in efficiency, ensuring optimum vehicle availability and compliance is achieved.
• Liaise and build working relationships with Area Directors, Branch Managers and other key stakeholders in the business, understanding their requirements, and managing our ability to provide an appropriate quality service.
• Manage the analysis of key KPIs, establishing root cause and identifying trends and work with the vehicle design team and fleet security technicians to implement any measures to reduce the nature/number of breakdowns
• Collate and disseminate best practice amongst Branch Managers and Area Directors
• Be part of an on-call roster arrangement as required.
• Assist the Head of Fleet Services in quality control.
• Manage all company provided IT assets ensuring compliance to business needs are maintained.
• Carry out internal Fleet based investigations on behalf of the Head of Fleet Services and produce reports
• Authorise spend in relation to maintenance & bodywork repairs, ensuring value for money
The Ideal Candidate:
• Excellent mechanical knowledge, ideally evidenced with formal qualifications
• Proven outstanding operational delivery evidenced by overachievement against target metrics
• Experience with P&L management
• Inspirational manager with a track record in getting the very best out of their teams
• Passion for delivering the best customer service
• Proven stakeholder management skills at all levels
• Delivers the very best in health & safety ensuring ‘best place to work’ conditions.
• General administration duties in line with transport legislation, company policies and procedures.
• Possession of a National and International CPC in Road Transport Operations is essential
This role will be subject to screening including but not limited to a criminal record check, credit check and 10 year background check. In addition, this role will be subject to a medical review which may include a medical assessment with an occupational health practitioner
We’ll provide all the training and support to help you progress as a key member of a world-class team. In addition to a culture that believes in promoting from within, we offer five weeks paid holiday, pension scheme, life assurance and We Care; 24/7 access to online GP, mental health support and virtual wellbeing.
Jobs that might be of interest:Senior Test Analyst
Apply now Part Time School Cleaner
Location: Whitechapel, Greater London
Apply now LTS Manager - Keighley
Apply now Cleaning Supervisor
Location: Worksop, Nottinghamshire
Apply now HR Advisor