National Fleet EngineerLocation: National | Salary: Up to £45k | Posted: 30 Sep 2019 | Closes: 6 Oct 2019 | Job Type: Permanent & Full-time | Region / Division: UK & Ireland | Reference: G4S/CD/6601
G4S is the largest secure solutions company in the world, the second largest private employer on the London Stock Exchange and one of Britain’s top Employers. Our Cash Management Solutions business has expertise in cash and valuables transportation, cash processing, ATM and cash centre outsourcing, secure storage and retrieval.
As an employee of G4S Cash Solutions, each role will have specific responsibilities for the identification, management and control of risk in order to safeguard the business, staff, customers, assets and reputation. Every G4S employee has a role to play in understanding and supporting the business in embedding effective risk management controls and assurance and be integral to the effectiveness and success of G4S.
- Prepare a daily analysis of vehicle breakdowns establishing root cause and identifying trends.
- To collate and disseminate best practice amongst team leaders, mobile technicians and branches
- To produce a monthly fleet communication
- To schedule PAT testing on all electrical equipment and ensure testing is carried out in a timely manner
- Be part of an on-call roster arrangement as required.
- Working with the vehicle design team and fleet management to implement any measures that can be implemented to reduce the nature/number of breakdowns
- To maintain a close working relationship with maintenance/repair providers
- To assist the National Fleet Operations Manager in quality control, ensuring vehicles are maintained in a safe fit and serviceable condition.
- Provide operational assistance to mobile technicians where required
- Monitor and audit stock controls of items agreed by the National Fleet Operations Manager
- To manage all company provided IT assets ensuring compliance to business needs are maintained.
- Comply with G4S operational and administrative procedures within defined guidelines.
- To assist the National Fleet Operations Manager conduct regular checks on branches and customer premises to maintain standards. Initiate corrective action as necessary.
- Undertake and support fleet based projects as directed by the National Fleet projects as necessary
- To keep updated with technological development and advances in the security and vehicle industry
- Ensure that all relevant legislative and Company procedures and standards (Health & Safety, Security, ISO9002, Finance, Personnel, Uniform and Transport) are adhered to.
- Ensure operational knowledge is maintained on the security systems of vehicles.
- Carry out internal Fleet based investigations on behalf of the National Fleet Operations Manager and produce reports
- Deputise for the National Fleet Operations Manager where required
- Liaise with operational staff, Lead Technicians, mobile technicians and senior management
- Identification of opportunities to improve processes and methods
- To assist the Fleet Admin department where required
- To assist mobile technicians with technical issues where required
The Ideal Candidate:
- Flexible working will be required and must be prepared to travel UK wide including overnight stays
- Professional/vocational qualification in Logistics/engineering
- Degree educated preferable in vehicle engineering
- Have advanced IT skills and have experience of Microsoft applications
- Competent in all diagnostic equipment
- Have an in depth knowledge of internal security systems
- Be fully conversant with all types of electrical and mechanical vehicles
- Analytical with developed technical report writing
- Commercial acumen – to have a financial awareness specifically around departmental budgets
- Be able to work alone or part of a team with the ability to work with others at all levels effectively
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Strong organisation skills, ability to plan ahead and multi-task
- Strong problem solving skills
- Able to work under pressure to meet various deadlines
- . Project Management skills to ensure timely delivery of appropriate assignments
- Able to cultivate strong relationships with management and challenge colleagues in a supportive manner.
- A person of integrity who is committed to the highest ethical and professional standards.
Jobs that might be of interest:Maintenance and Engineering Service Delivery Manager
Location: Wolverhampton, West Midlands
Apply now Service Delivery Manager
Location: Rugby, Warwickshire
Apply now Regional facilities Manager
Location: London, Greater London
Apply now Junior Health and Safety Advisor
Location: London, Greater London
Apply now Relief Cleaners - Tower Hamlets Schools
Location: Tower Hamlets, Greater London