National Control Centre Controller (Shift Work) Chessington £31,702.68 (Basic Salary) plus £2,787.84 (London Weighting)
National Control Centre Controller (Shift Work)Location: Chessington | Salary: £31,702.68 (Basic Salary) plus £2,787.84 (London Weighting) | Posted: 14 Apr 2022 | Closes: 15 May 2022 | Job Type: Full Time and Permanent | Business Unit: UK Cash | Region / Division: Cash Division | Reference: G4S/CD/7489
Annual Leave, Pension, Life Assurance, Employee Assistance Program, Corporate Perks.
G4S (now part of Allied Universal) is the largest secure solutions company in the world and one of Britain's top Employers. Our Cash Management Solutions business has expertise in secure logistics and payment services including cash and valuables transportation, cash processing, ATM and cash centre outsourcing, secure storage and retrieval and merchant services.
As an employee of G4S Cash Solutions, each role will have specific responsibilities for the identification, management and control of risk in order to safeguard the business, staff, customers, assets and reputation. Every G4S employee has a role to play in understanding and supporting the business in embedding effective risk management controls and assurance and be integral to the effectiveness and success of G4S.
Allied Universal, a leading security and facility services company, provides proactive security services and cutting-edge smart technology to deliver tailored, integrated security solutions that allow clients to focus on their core business. Our acquisition of G4S in 2021 expands our footprint and infrastructure on a global and local level. Through our vast network of more than 800,000 employees, we leverage global best practices in communities all over the world. Operating in around more than 80 countries with revenues of $18 billion, we are supported by efficient processes and systems that can only come with scale to help deliver our promise locally: keeping people safe so our communities can thrive. We believe there is no greater purpose than serving and safeguarding customers, communities, and people in today's world. Allied Universal is There for you. For more information, please visit www.aus.com.
Join G4S as a NCC Controller in The National Control Centre and you will become part of a well-trained, tight knit team providing an essential monitoring service to all G4S operational staff. And you will also earn a great salary and excellent benefits. G4S is the largest secure solutions company in the world and one of Britain's top Employers.
Our Cash Solutions business has expertise in cash and valuables transportation, cash processing, ATM and cash centre secure storage. As a G4S NCC Controller you will be at the very heart of our operation. Your primary responsibility will be the protection of Company employees, cash holding facilities and to monitor CVIT vehicles across the UK and Ireland and you will need to be confident working to stringent procedures designed to ensure that our service remains superior, and that our customer requirements are met with optimum efficiency.
The Ideal Candidate:
- To monitor the NCC security systems to ensure that all alerts are dealt with professionally, effectively and timely.
- To support the G4S operational network to ensure that services are provided in a timely and effective manner.
- To protect the overall assets of the G4S group of companies and staff where required.
- To provide a customer focussed service.
- To have a full understanding of vehicle operating systems and procedures.
- To understand the requirements of alarm monitoring in line with national ACPO requirements.
- To have a full understanding of all procedures and processes relating to Tiger, kidnap for ransom and extortion procedures, including international escalation.
- To support fellow members of staff and provide advice and mentoring where appropriate.
- To provide all users and customers of the NCC with a customer focussed service.
- To ensure that all breaches of the company’s procedures are documented and referred to the relevant body in accordance with NCC and company guidelines.
- To ensure that the required response and coordination to all alarms and active monitoring.
- To continuously identify areas of risk and suggest methods of improving company and NCC processes and procedures.
- To ensure the adherence to operational procedures in order to maintain compliance to ISO 9002/BS 5979 standards.
- To carry out all tasks with integrity and honesty.
The Ideal Candidate (Essential/desirable)
- Knowledge of relevant systems and how they integrate within the business operation (D)
- Good knowledge of the security industry, regulation, operating practices and technology (D)
- Good oral/written communication skills (E)
- Good relationship building skills (E)
- Self disciplined with a high level of integrity (E)
We also have some specific security criteria that you will need to meet:
- You must be able to pass a criminal record check as well as a personal credit and ID check.
- You must also have a 5 /10 year employment/unemployment/educational history that we can check and verify.
- You will need to be prepared to undergo airport style searches when entering and leaving our premises and be comfortable working within a secure and confined environment.
- An SIA licence would be beneficial.
We’ll provide all the training and support to help you progress as a key member of a world-class team. And in addition to a culture that believes in promoting from within, we offer up to five weeks paid holiday, pension scheme, life assurance and We Care: 24/7 access to online GP, mental health support and virtual well-being.
This role will be subject to a medical review, which may include a medical assessment with an occupational health practitioner.
If this opportunity is of interest then we want to hear from you. Please click the “Apply Now” button to submit your formal application.
Jobs that might be of interest: