Multi Skilled Engineer (Plumber)Location: Bridgwater | Salary: £50,280.33 | Posted: 9 Feb 2024 | Closes: 8 Mar 2024 | Job Type: Full Time and Permanent | Business Unit: UK Facilities Management | Region / Division: UK & Ireland | Reference: 15149
Multi Skilled Engineer – Plumber
Salary: £50,280.33 per annum
Working Hours: Permanent, Full Time, 40 hours per week (Mon - Fri)
Location: Hinkley Point C, Bridgwater, TA6 4FJ
Excellent Company benefits including Contributory Pension
G4S and Allied Universal came together in 2021 to create a global business which is now the world’s leading integrated security and facility services company. We offer our employees an immense range of exciting and rewarding long term career opportunities. The company provides integrated FM services in a wide range of environments, including healthcare, education, secure environments, and prestigious buildings.
The first new nuclear power station to be built in the UK in over 20 years; Hinkley Point C in Somerset will provide low-carbon electricity for around 6 million homes and bring lasting benefits to the UK economy.
About the role
We have an exciting opportunity for a Multi Skilled Engineer to join our friendly team based at Hinkley Point C. This is a full time role working 40 hours per week, Monday to Friday between 8am and 5pm.
As a fully qualified and experienced plumbing engineer you will be required as directed, on a mobile basis, across a range of sites, to maintain and repair assets, building fabric, services and estate. Unvented and vented training on pressured systems is essential. The successful candidate needs to have experience of building and facilities maintenance and high level specialism such as plumbing, gas fitting. It is desirable to have experience working in a facilities management environment.
- Manage, arrange and co-ordinate all Planned Preventative Maintenance tasks (reactive repairs, refurbishment and planned maintenance) through the CAFM system ensuring these are closed out in accordance with the Client’s Service Level Agreement.
- Scheduling and planning own workload
- Lead estate engineers, estate technicians and contractors working on site during repairs, maintenance or refurbishment work.
- Deal with all daily issues on site, raise reactive tasks as necessary with central service desk and ensure tasks are allocated correctly, progressed within agreed timescales and closed out, extended or mitigates where necessary to minimise deductions.
- Deal effectively and safely with breakdowns and damage to assets etc. within their range of qualifications, training and experience as required and by out of hours response where necessary.
- Assist with reports and technical procedures for Building Maintenance Activities.
- Responsible for the safety and proper use of all tools and equipment.
- Maintenance inspection and repairs to various types of commercial heating, water, ventilation, electrical, mechanical and security etc. equipment and services on site.
- Diagnosing faults on all mechanical and electrical support systems and rectifying where within levels of competence
The Ideal Candidate:
- Fully qualified and experienced plumbing or mechanical engineer with electrical training
- Experience of building and facilities maintenance
- High level specialism’s such as gas fitting or CCTV Technology
- Full, clean driving license
While working for G4S, you are entitled to a number of benefits and offers from G4S partners and other organisations, from employee assistance provided through WeCare, to RAC cover and so much more, including the below;
- 25 days holiday plus bank holidays.
- Progression, training and development catered to you.
- Refer A Friend incentives.
- Company pension scheme with employer contributions.
- G4S Life Assurance Scheme.
- Subsidised healthcare plan.
- Charity work- Match-IT and Payroll Giving.
- Confidential Counselling Services.
- 24/7 support specialising in health and medical.
- Discounts on high street shops and brands including several leading high street brands, retailers and travel suppliers.