Multi Skilled Engineer (Electrical) Liverpool, Merseyside £26,980.35
Multi Skilled Engineer (Electrical)Location: Liverpool, Merseyside | Salary: £26,980.35 | Posted: 3 Jan 2020 | Closes: 24 Jan 2020 | Job Type: Permanent & Full-time | Business Unit: UK Central Government Services | Region / Division: UK & Ireland | Reference: 8478
Multi Skilled Engineer (Electrical)
HMP Altcourse, Liverpool
Salary : £26,980.35 per annum
Full-Time (40 Hours per week)
As the world’s leading security solutions group with operations in over 120 countries and more than 625,000 employees worldwide, G4S is a truly unique company. We’re bigger, more diverse and involved in more fascinating, cutting-edge projects than many people would imagine and we now have an opportunity for a Multi Skilled Engineer - Electrical to join our team at HMP Altcourse, a category B local prison, in Fazakerly Liverpool, holding over 1200 adult male offenders.
The successful candidate will have experience of building and facilities maintenance to enable them to maintain and repair assets, building fabric, services and estate that are the responsibility of FM on site. We are looking for a fully qualified and experienced electrical engineer qualified to the 17th / 18th Edition who can react to breakdowns and damage effectively and safely at all times.
Working alongside other craft qualified, semi skilled and non-skilled maintenance staff within the FM onsite team to cover all levels and aspects of maintenance activities. We encourage cross skilling wherever possible to broaden the teams skills and knowledge.
- Operate within planned maintenance procedures for assets etc, effectively and safely within their range of qualifications, levels of competence, training and experience.
- Deal effectively and safely with breakdowns and damage to assets etc. within their range of qualifications, levels of competence, training and experience as required and by out of hours response where necessary.
- Write up maintenance reports and technical procedures for Building Maintenance Activities.
- Assist in the training and development of other maintenance/technical staff involved in site maintenance activities.
- Carry out maintenance inspection and repairs to various types of heating, water, ventilation, electrical, mechanical and security etc. equipment and services on site, where necessary and within their range of qualifications, levels of competence, training and experience
- Diagnosing faults on all Mechanical & Electrical support systems and rectifying where necessary and within their range of qualifications, levels of competence, training and experience.
- Following detailed drawings and operational maintenance manuals in order to carry out all planned maintenance, routine inspections and reactive repairs.
- Carry out maintenance inspection and repairs to various assets, building fabric throughout the prison estate, e.g. furniture, internal /external fixtures and fittings, grounds, access and car parking, etc.
- Assisting in the development of maintenance routines, procedures, risk assessments, preparing and maintaining relevant technical records.
- Working with other craft qualified, semi-skilled and non-skilled maintenance staff to develop cross-skilling and cover all levels and aspects of maintenance activities on a team work basis.
- Participate in emergency call out arrangements and provide cover where necessary during sickness absence periods.
- Carry out maintenance activities to assist in project and improvement development works, offering alternatives to improve the effectiveness of the operation of the site, review current legislation / regulations within their range of qualifications, levels of competence, training and experience.
The Ideal Candidate:
Fully qualified and experienced within an electrical engineering discipline (Level 3 NVQ diploma in Electro technical services or equivalent)
17th / 18th Edition (IET) Wiring Regulations
Experience of building and facilities maintenance.
- Experience of BMS systems.
- C& G 2391 /2392
- C&G 2394/2395
- EAL level 3 inspection & Test (Periodic Inspection & Testing)
- Electrical Safety & Part P
- Portable Appliance Testing (EAL or City & Guilds)
- Full, clean driving license
If you join us, you can be sure that you’ll find a secure, friendly and professional working environment and be given all the support, training and encouragement you need to build and develop a successful career with us. Our benefits are as you would expect from a large global organisation and include a company pension, comprehensive training, career development, generous holiday entitlement, uniform and access to our on-site gym.
Please note that these vacancies are subject to a 10 year checkable history and the strict vetting standards set by G4S and the Secretary of State for the Home Office and are exempt from the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act.
You must be eligible to work in the UK and must have been resident in the UK for a minimum period of 5 years. You will also need to provide full details of your employment and education history for the last 10 years as part of the security screening process for this role.