Monitoring Installation Officer (Permanent, Full-Time 35 hours)Location: Duart House Bellshill Scotland ML4 3PR | Salary: £22,829.16 | Posted: 28 Feb 2024 | Closes: 30 Apr 2024 | Job Type: Full Time and Permanent | Region / Division: UK & Ireland | Reference: G4S/MS/2499
5 weeks' holiday, contributory pension scheme, staff discounts, free parking at office
This is an amazing opportunity to work as a Monitoring Installation Officer within the Criminal Justice sector. To join a team that has been managing the Electronic Monitoring contract, on behalf of the Scottish Government, which we have been successfully carrying out for over 20 years.
Your role will involve the installation, investigation, and decommissioning of electronic monitoring equipment. You will meet a wide range of people whilst carrying out your duties.
You will be required to work a set shift pattern, Tuesday to Saturday, due to the nature of the business we have to visit our clients during their curfew period, as a result the role is primarily backshift 17:00-00:30 hrs. We offer a competitive salary of £12.54 per hour or £22,829.16 based on a full time 35 hours contract as well as a company pension scheme, life assurance, 5.6 weeks’ paid holiday, staff discounts including Perks at Work.
You will be given access to a pool car during your shift time that will enable you to complete your assigned tasks for the evening, you will also be provided with a fuel card, mobile phone and tablet. A full driving licence is essential for the role and an ongoing programme of training and development will be provided.
If you can answer yes to these questions, then this role could be right for you..
Do you have experience and enjoy delivering excellent customer service whilst working as part of a team?
Are you a people person and naturally change your style to match who you’re speaking with?
Are you organised and able to prioritise your own workload?
Do you want your work to have an impact and make a difference?
Have you got a non judgemental attitude?
Please take a look at the job details and our “A Day in the Life of a Monitoring Installation Officer” document and if you think this is your ideal new career, we would love to hear from you.
Allied Universal®, a leading security and facility services company, provides proactive security services and cutting-edge smart technology to deliver tailored, integrated security solutions that allow clients to focus on their core business. Our acquisition of G4S in 2021 expands our footprint and infrastructure on a global and local level. Through our vast network of more than 800,000 employees, we leverage global best practices in communities all over the world. Operating in around more than 80 countries with revenues of $18 billion, we are supported by efficient processes and systems that can only come with scale to help deliver our promise locally: keeping people safe so our communities can thrive. We believe there is no greater purpose than serving and safeguarding customers, communities, and people in today’s world. Allied Universal is There for you™. For more information, please visit www.aus.com.
Applicants must be over 18 years of age and able to obtain Disclosure Scotland vetting prior to taking up employment. This vetting will be at G4S expense.
Key Responsibilities & Accountabilities for the Monitoring Installation Officer:
- Installation, monitor and removal of monitoring equipment in monitored person’s homes.
- Fully investigate any incidents that may occur during the curfew period of monitored person's.
- Check all equipment on issue and collection from the monitored person’s home.
- Clean equipment and quarantine unserviceable equipment.
- Complete all paperwork in a timely and accurate manner, ensuring legibility of any written reports.
- Liaise with the Monitoring Control Centre over any breaches of the curfew order.
- Ensure all standard operational procedures are adhered to and contract compliance is maintained at all times.
- Attend court as required.
- Check that the company car you have is roadworthy and record and report any damage or defects.
- Responsible for the care of any additional equipment such as Tablet, Sat Nav and Hand Held Units needed for effective job performance.
- Ad-hoc duties as directed by the manager.
- Compliance with Information Security responsibilities
- Acting Professionally
- Delivering Objectives
- Supporting & Working with Others
- Delivering Great Customer Service
The Ideal Candidate:
The ideal candidate for the Monitoring Installation Officer will have the following knowledge and skills:
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to remain calm, positive and confident in a pressurised environment
- Full driving licence
- Excellent time management skills with the ability to prioritise own workload
Please note, this role does not qualify for a visa under the current Government guidelines therefore to be considered for this role you must already have the right to work in the UK. Re-location costs will not be granted. You must live in reasonable commuting distance of the site at ML4 3PR.
Jobs that might be of interest:Monitoring Installation Officer (Perm, 35 hr, Falkirk/Stirling)
Location: Falkirk/Stirling, Scotland
Apply now Control Room Operator - 38 hrs per week - Fixed Term 1 year
Location: Duart House, Bellshill ML4 3PR
Apply now Control Room Operator - fixed term contract
Location: Duart House, Bellshill ML4 3PR
Apply now Mobile Fleet Technician
Location: Nationwide - UK
Apply now HR Advisor
Location: St Albans, Hertfordshire