Monitoring Installation Officer (Perm, 35 hr, Falkirk/Stirling)Location: Falkirk/Stirling, Scotland | Salary: £22,822.80 per annum | Posted: 12 Feb 2024 | Closes: 29 Feb 2024 | Job Type: Full Time and Permanent | Region / Division: UK & Ireland | Reference: G4S/MS/2347
5 weeks' holiday, contributory pension scheme, staff discounts, use of pool car, free parking at office
This is an amazing opportunity to work as a Monitoring Installation Officer within the Care and Justice system, playing a key role for this prestigious contract for the Scottish Government, which we have been successfully delivering for 20 years. We are very proud of this achievement, and our record of delivering excellent service whilst working as one supportive team.
You will be performing a significant role installing, monitoring and removing monitoring equipment. This makes a difference to people’s lives by enabling them to stay in the community and therefore reduces the impact on the Prison Service. Our clients are keen to have their device fitted and will cooperate with you when you visit them at home. You will meet a wide range of people whilst carrying out your duties across your region.
You will be required to work set shifts that may include weekends, due to the nature of the role we have to visit our clients during their curfew period as a result the role is backshift 16:00-00:00 hrs. You will be required to work a shift roster based on 35 hours per week although you may be asked to work additional hours when necessary. We offer a competitive salary of £12.54 per hour, £22,822.80 pa for a 35 hour week, company pension scheme, life assurance, 5 weeks’ paid holiday, staff discounts including Perks at Work.
You will also be given access to a pool car to travel to your meetings and appointments. Given the location of this role, the pool car will be for the use of the postholder and will be kept at your home address. You will also be provided with a fuel card, mobile phone and tablet. A full driving licence is essential for the role and an ongoing programme of training and development will be provided. Training will be in Glasgow so the applicant needs to be willing to attend for the training and then, once complete, you will be based from home.
If you can answer yes to these questions, then this role could be right for you..
- Do you have experience and enjoy delivering excellent customer service whilst working as part of a team?
- Are you a people person and naturally change your style to match who you’re speaking with?
- Are you organised and able to prioritise your own workload?
- Do you have a can-do attitude, enjoy going the extra mile ?
- Do you pride yourself on achieving your goals and enjoy being rewarded for doing so?
- Do you want your work to have an impact and make a difference?
- Are you trustworthy and keep your word, you can be depended on you to do the right thing and be at the right place at the right time?
- Have you got a non judgemental attitude?
Please take a look at the Job Description and our “A Day in the Life of a Monitoring Installation Officer” document and if you think this is your ideal new career, we would love to hear from you.
Allied Universal®, a leading security and facility services company, provides proactive security services and cutting-edge smart technology to deliver tailored, integrated security solutions that allow clients to focus on their core business. Our acquisition of G4S in 2021 expands our footprint and infrastructure on a global and local level. Through our vast network of more than 800,000 employees, we leverage global best practices in communities all over the world. Operating in around more than 80 countries with revenues of $18 billion, we are supported by efficient processes and systems that can only come with scale to help deliver our promise locally: keeping people safe so our communities can thrive. We believe there is no greater purpose than serving and safeguarding customers, communities, and people in today’s world. Allied Universal is There for you™. For more information, please visit www.aus.com.
Applicants must be over 18 years of age and able to obtain Disclosure Scotland vetting prior to taking up employment. This vetting will be at G4S expense.
Key Responsibilities & Accountabilities
- Responsible for the installation, investigation of alerts and decommissioning of curfew orders within your designated area and in accordance with Company Procedures and terms of the contract.
- Support and advise persons during their period of curfew.
- Report incidents /non compliance to the appropriate agencies.
- Process incidents / violations within agreed timescales to meet SLA’s.
- Escalate reportable incidents to the Monitoring Centre and as per agreed procedures.
- Build and maintain excellent working relationships with both internal and external customers through the application of the principles of pro-social modelling.
- Maintain, uphold and demonstrate values and protect the company brand.
- Document all contact with our customers both internal and external.
- Acting Professionally
- Delivering Objectives
- Supporting & Working with Others
- Delivering Great Customer Service
The Ideal Candidate:
Skills & Knowledge
- Experience in a customer-service oriented role.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Ability to remain calm, positive and confident in a pressurised environment.
- Ability to make decisions based on facts and information available.
- Excellent time management skills with the ability to prioritise own workload.
- Flexible working style.
- Full UK driving licence.
Ability to use Word, Excel, PowerPoint & Outlook Email & Calendar
Please note, this role does not qualify for a visa under the current Government guidelines therefore to be considered for this role you must already have the right to work in the UK. Re-location costs will not be granted. You must live in reasonable commuting distance of the site.
Jobs that might be of interest:Monitoring Installation Officer (Permanent, Full-Time 35 hours)
Location: Duart House Bellshill Scotland ML4 3PR
Apply now Control Room Operator - 38 hrs per week - Fixed Term 1 year
Location: Duart House, Bellshill ML4 3PR
Apply now Control Room Operator - fixed term contract
Location: Duart House, Bellshill ML4 3PR
Apply now Mobile Fleet Technician
Location: Nationwide - UK
Apply now HR Advisor
Location: St Albans, Hertfordshire