Mobile Vehicle TechnicianLocation: Glasgow | Salary: £35,000 - £40,000 | Posted: 2 Sep 2019 | Closes: 28 Sep 2019 | Job Type: Permanent & Full-time | Region / Division: UK & Ireland | Reference: G4S/CD/6534
G4S is the largest secure solutions company in the world, the second largest private employer on the London Stock Exchange and one of Britain’s top Employers. Our Cash Management Solutions business has expertise in cash and valuables transportation, cash processing, ATM and cash centre outsourcing, secure storage and retrieval.
As an employee of G4S Cash Solutions, each role will have specific responsibilities for the identification, management and control of risk in order to safeguard the business, staff, customers, assets and reputation. Every G4S employee has a role to play in understanding and supporting the business in embedding effective risk management controls and assurance and be integral to the effectiveness and success of G4S.
- Responsible for repairs and preventative maintenance to vehicles and security equipment.
- Completing the appropriate documentation for duties performed.
- Testing vehicles and reporting on their condition and any improvements.
- Using your skills to carry out any relevant modifications.
- Able to work flexibly.
- Prepared to cover call outs.
- Regular stock checks.
- Keep and work with in all Health and Safety Codes of Practice.
- Liaising with operational staff.
- Keeping company issued vehicles clean and tidy.
The Ideal Candidate:
- Be fully acquainted will all types of electrical and mechanical repairs.
- Have knowledge of vehicle and industry related logic and electronic systems.
- Ideally hold an NVQ Level 2/3 in Engineering.
- Be fully IT literate and ideally ECDL qualified.
- Up to date with legislation which affects motor vehicle and ancillary operations.
- Ideally hold NVQ Level 2/3 in Motor Vehicles but not essential.
- Understand and adhere to technical service information, manufacturer modifications and company policy.
- The ideal candidate will be competent in all diagnostic techniques.
- Self-management is a big part of the role so working on own-initiative is key.
- G4S is a business which strives to improve on itself in every aspect. The ideal candidate will be open to growing and adapting with the organisation in its constant evolution for success and efficiency.
Jobs that might be of interest:Property Manager
Location: Belfast, United Kingdom
Apply now Property Manager
Location: Portadown, United Kingdom
Apply now Senior Area Operations Controller
Location: Leeds, West Yorkshire
Apply now ICT Trainer
Apply now HR Support Assistant