Mobile Branch Driver - Inverness Inverness £10.15 per hour
Mobile Branch Driver - InvernessLocation: Inverness | Salary: £10.15 per hour | Posted: 14 Nov 2018 | Closes: 21 Dec 2018 | Job Type: Permanent & Full-time | Region / Division: UK & Ireland
With our extensive history, here at G4S Cash Solutions, we know a thing or two about security and keeping money safe. We handle the majority of the cash that goes through the UK’s banks, and a third of the UK's total cash spend. From family florists to national coffee chains, we collect cash for over 4,500 businesses of every size in the UK. This makes us the largest cash collection organisation in the country. Our success as a business is a result of our service and expertise. Our service and expertise is driven by our people. Here at G4S Cash Solutions, we are dedicated to recruiting the Best People and that all starts right here with You.
As we continue to successfully partner with our Banking clients, we have a number of opportunities for Mobile Branch Drivers to join our team and be a part of our continued success. As a Mobile Branch Driver you will be at the very heart of our operation. Your primary responsibility will be to drive a bespoke vehicle to different locations throughout the day as scheduled. These vehicles are designed to meet the public at various locations in order for our clients to meet the needs of their customers.
You will complete daily work tasks within customer’s contractual agreements. It’s a role that requires a C1 category Driving Licence plus you must have vigilance, concentration and common sense as well as the ability to build strong relationships with our clients. You will also need to work within the company procedural guidelines to ensure a high quality of service is consistently maintained with optimum efficiency. Due to the nature of the industry in which we operate, you will need to be confident working to stringent procedures within a highly regulated environment. This will ensure that our service remains superior and that our customers’ requirements are met with optimum efficiency.
- You will need to first aid trained (we will provide this training)
- Responsible for assisting disabled members of the public on/off the vehicle
- Be comfortable working closely with a member of our client team
- Drive to scheduled locations within agreed timescales
- Follow our closely defined G4S and Bank mandatory procedures and security routines at all times
- Maintain a valid Cash and Valuables in Transit SIA licence (provided by the Company)
- Ensuring all necessary paperwork and/or entries is completed accurately
- Ensuring the integrity of audit trails
- You will be responsible for handling cash under dual control and in a secure environment
- To learn how to operate our track and trace hand-held computers.
- When appropriate take steps to protect both yourself and our customers’ cash.
- Maintain the highest standards of security to minimize the risk of theft.
- Maintain good, safe and courteous driving behaviour.
- Carry out vehicle checks and report any security and/or mechanical defects.
- Carry out procedures properly in the event of an emergency or a criminal attack.
- Ensure Bank and its customers confidentiality is maintained at all times
- Proactively learn from the experience of others
- Medical Assessment on appointment, then yearly medical assessments.
Collaboration and Teamwork
- Work with your colleagues in achieving objectives
The Ideal Candidate:
- Have the right to work in the UK
- Be over 21 and have held the relevant full driving licence for at least a year
- Hold a Frist Aid Qualification (the business will fund this)
- Hold a current full C1 class driving licence
- Hold a driving licence with no more than 6 penalty points
- Able to undergo and then apply personal protection training which educates you on how to protect both yourself and our client’s cash
- Ability to follow laid down instructions
- Ability to work to deadlines
- Flexible and helpful
- Security conscious
- Focused on delivery of customer service
- Checkable 5 year employment/unemployment/educational history
- Must be able to communicate with customers and colleagues in English
- Must be able to pass a personal credit check, identity check and criminal records check
- Previous experience in a driving role
- Previous experience dealing with members of the public
- Effective communication skills at all levels
- Basic IT competence
- Able to work as part of a team
- Hold an SIA licence