Mental Health Nurse- RMN/ Childrens Nurse MILTON KEYNES, Buckinghamshire £29,248.87 - £34,665.33
Mental Health Nurse- RMN/ Childrens NurseLocation: MILTON KEYNES, Buckinghamshire | Salary: £29,248.87 - £34,665.33 | Posted: 30 Sep 2021 | Closes: 28 Oct 2021 | Job Type: Permanent & Full-time | Business Unit: Health Services | Region / Division: UK & Ireland | Reference: 10533
Registered Nurse (RMN) & Children's Nurse
Salary: £29,248.87 - £34,665.33 per annum
Shifts: Full time, 40 hours per week, various shifts available
Knowing that you’re making a difference to people’s lives is rewarding in itself. Would you like the opportunity to use your nursing skills in an environment like no other to make a real difference every day? Working within the prisons healthcare team you will be undertaking assessments and establishing the appropriate level of intervention, care and management of your patients. You will be working closely with Paramedics, HCA’s and non-clinical staff and have the opportunity to progress into more senior roles.
About our Site:
G4S Health Services has been one of the leading providers to all justice health environments since 2005. Working across Secure, Custody and Sexual Assault Referral Centres (SARC) across the UK, we provide primary care and forensic healthcare to a wide range of patients.
Oakhill Secure Training Centre is an 80 bedded secure establishment that holds sentenced and remanded males from 12-17 years old. We provide healthcare services in line with the NHS including GP, Dentist, Optician, Physiotherapy, and Podiatry. We also provide Immunisations, Sexual health clinics and Young Fatherhood programs. We provide assessments using the Comprehensive assessment tool that are utilised across the youth secure estate. The team is made up of RNLDs, RMNs, and RGNs RCNs.
- Provide health and social care to patients to ensure a professional service is delivered in line with professional, contractual and company standards, including security instructions.
- Undertake assessments of patients to identify physical and mental health needs and determine the appropriate level of intervention, care and management.
- To work predominantly within one's own area of specialism but to operate as part of a team delivering generic primary care services.
- Liaise with key stakeholders, including external agencies, to ensure the delivery of an effective and appropriate health service.
- Provide professional advice and support to allied health professionals and non-clinical staff to ensure the effective health and social care of patients in line with current best practice.
- Coach, support and supervise healthcare staff, as required, to develop their skills in line with professional standards and current best practice as appropriate.
The Ideal Candidate:
Essential skills as a RMN:
- Part 1 NMC Registration
- Able to work within challenging and complex situations
Desirable skills as a RMN:
- Evidence of further development of own clinical practice
- Experience of working within a secure environment
- Experience of long term conditions.
- Mental health assessment of common disorders.
- Company pension scheme with employer contributions
- G4S Life Assurance Scheme
- Subsidised healthcare plan
- Charity work- Match-IT and Payroll Giving
- Employee Assistance Programme Scheme (Confidential Counselling Services, 24/7 support specialising in health and medical topics )
- Refer A Friend Scheme
- Discounts on high street shops and brands including several leading high street brands, retailers and travel suppliers
For further information please email: email@example.com
This role requires the ability to work with vulnerable people in a caring and compassionate way. A DBS check and relevant police/ prison clearance will be required to exclude any individuals with a history of behaviour which could be considered unacceptable (by G4S or the clients). Safety is of paramount importance and the post holder must ensure that safe systems of work are followed without compromise.
Please Note: If you are successful at the interview you will be required to attend site within 7 working days for a vetting interview.
It is G4S’ current policy (subject to the Equality Act 2010), in the light of the specific work being undertaken, that all [employees] must be fully vaccinated or have had the relevant [“full”]Covid-19 vaccinations [(including any “waiting period”)] by their commencement date.
A Disability Confident application was made a couple of years ago for the whole of G4S UK and Ireland, although the submission (including case studies etc) came from ESS. At that time Level 2 was awarded. Submission was recently made for re accreditation - but this time for Level 3 - and attached is the certificate confirming their achievement (which was again awarded to the whole business).