MEI Technician Midrand Market Related
MEI TechnicianLocation: Midrand | Salary: Market Related | Posted: 16 Nov 2021 | Closes: 27 Nov 2021 | Job Type: Full Time and Permanent | Business Unit: South Africa - Cash Solutions | Region / Division: Cash Division | Reference: G4S/TP/7533369/218989
Remuneration and benefits will be commensurate with the seniority of the role and in compliance with company remuneration policy and practice.
G4S Cash Solutions (SA), a leading provider of integrated cash management solutions, has a vacancy for a MEI Technician based at our operations in Gauteng
G4S Cash Deposita has an opportunity for an MEI Technician within our Technical department based at our operations in Midrand.
Reporting to the Assembly Supervisor, the Main Purpose of the Service Centre Technician is to build, repair and service BVs.
The Main Purpose of the Service Centre Technician is to build, repair and service BVs.
Building, Service and Repairs
- Building and repairs of BVs
- Repair Cartridges
- Repair BNF MW
- Software updates on new BVs
Health and Safety
- Report all safety incidents to the relevant people
- Discuss all safety incidents on all levels
- Follow-up on any activities assigned through safety meeting/committee/representative/ management
- Comply with safety policies and procedures at workplace
- Distribute safety information as and when required
- Always wear Personal Protective Equipment
- Workstation must always be cleaned and tool correctly stored according to checklist
The Ideal Candidate:
- Good understanding of MEI
- Proven work experience as a service Technician
- Hands on person
- Strong decision making and problem - solving skills
- Communication (written and verbal)
- Supporting and working with others
- Delivering objectives
- Team player
- MS Office computer skills
- Ability to work under pressure
- Delivering great customer service
- Sharing and cooperating
- Dealing with changing circumstances
- Understanding the organisational environment
- Attention to detail
- Ability to plan
- Must able to adapt to different conditions
- Proven ability to implement process improvement initiatives.
- To be completed after the appraisal
Minimum qualification & experience
- Grade 12
- Minimum of 1 year experience within the G4S Deposita environment.
- Technical experience. Must be able to use testing equipment
About the Company:
G4S is the world’s leading international security solutions group, which specialises in outsourced business processes in sectors where security and safety risks are considered a strategic threat. G4S is the largest employer quoted on the London Stock Exchange and has a secondary stock exchange listing in Copenhagen. G4S has operations in more than 90 countries and employ more than 540,000 employees, making us one of the world’s largest private employers.
At G4S South Africa, our vision is to be recognised as the leader in providing security solutions. We therefore endeavour to build and maintain a motivated, capable workforce who are proud to work for our region and able to deliver our commercial strategy. We continue to build on the excellent people management practices which are in place across the Group in order to fully engage our workforce.
G4S is an organisation which is defined by its values, which are:
We act with Integrity and Respect - Our business activities and relationships are built on trust, honesty and openness. We do what we promise and always strive to do the right thing. We listen. We treat our colleagues, customers and those in our care with the utmost respect.
We are passionate about Safety, Security and Service Excellence - We are passionate about working safely and take great care to protect our colleagues and customers from harm. We are experts in security and use that knowledge to protect our customer’s assets. We keep our promises and are passionate about delivering high levels of customer service.
We achieve this through Innovation and Teamwork - We invest in technology and best practice to continuously improve the products and services we offer. We challenge ourselves to find new ways of helping our customers achieve their goals. We work together as a team, valuing everyone’s contribution, to ensure we achieve the best results for our customers and our business.
For more information on G4S, please visit: www.g4s.com