Medical Responder - On-site Central London, United Kingdom Up to £38,500
Medical Responder - On-siteLocation: Central London, United Kingdom | Salary: Up to £38,500 | Posted: 5 Oct 2021 | Business Unit: UK Secure Solutions | Contracted Hours: Full-time | Employee Status: Permanent | Reference: 210001S7
To assist the G4S Security Operations Manager, London Campus in the delivery of first response to all health-related incidents. Advise management and the client on ways to improve service provision as defined within the SLA for Shell.
Specifically, to be the first responder to incidents as outlined, coordinate the operational and administrative activities of the G4S Reception and Security teams, in first responder care. To run scenario for G4S teams, surrounding response to given medical situations, to ensure efficiency and consistency in the performance of their duties.
- Be responsible to the Security Operations Manager for ensuring the front-line delivery of attending and managing all types of medical situations
- Take ownership of developing in depth specialised knowledge of all related policies and procedures and act as local subject matter expert providing client and G4S staff with guidance on all aspects of these applications.
- Being able to manage, attend and represent the department either on-line or personally in meetings.
- Confident in managing difficult situations that may include complaints, investigations into inappropriate behaviours, and discipline process.
- Take responsibility for ensuring the highest possible levels of care are delivered to the client and those visiting
- Oversee and maintain the highest standards of record keeping and report writing.
- Take full ownership of managing all medical situations, and associated areas, ensuring that the area of incident is kept clear, liaising with cleaners, facilities, security and other departments as deemed necessary.
- Ensure that records of the incident are completed in a timely and professional manner, complying with GDPR regulations.
- Liaise with the Security Coordinator and Reception Manager, in relation to scenario planning for staff.
- Monitor and audit the use of first aid equipment and processes
- Work alongside the EMEA General Support to update and implement AIs and SOPs
- Liaise with counterparts in other sites, ensuring best practices are shared and adopted as appropriate.
- Must be aware of Data Protection and Privacy Regulations, and ensure that these are applied to the Role.
- To promote the services provided by the Role internally, within the clients organisation, making full use of internal media applications.
- To regularly monitor & assess team member’s performance, giving appropriate feedback, and setting achievable objectives
- Take responsibility in liaison with the Security Coordinator, for the upkeep of training and competency records for all First-aiders
- Encourage a high level of safety awareness and participation in safety matters
- Flexibility in both attitude and working hours is essential. Be willing to undertake travel to other Client locations, as requested, to capture best practice in relation to Role and Services.
- Carry out any other duties related to the position that is reasonably requested by Security Management or the Shell Asset Protection Manager.
- Ensure comprehensive knowledge of fire evacuation procedures for the London Campus
- Make recommendations pertaining to work area, regarding health hazards, working conditions & equipment used by personnel for safety compliance
- Recommend preventative measures against occupational hazards
- Respond to job-related medical emergencies & provide onsite treatment to the sick or injured
Professional Qualification Nurse (RGN)/Paramedic (HCP)
Proven experience / background in a managing and dealing with assorted medical emergency situations.
Jobs that might be of interest: