Mechanical Engineer – Facilities ManagementLocation: Wellingborough | Salary: £32,640.00 | Posted: 10 Jun 2022 | Closes: 15 Jul 2022 | Job Type: Full Time and Permanent | Business Unit: UK Central Government Services | Region / Division: UK & Ireland | Reference: 11939
MECHANICAL ENGINEER – FACILITIES MANAGEMENT
HMP Five Wells, Wellingborough, NN8 2NG
£32,640 per annum
Full Time, permanent, 39 hours per week
This is a great opportunity to be a part of something exciting!
A brand new contract, large scale employment opportunities; HMP Five Wells in Wellingborough will set a standard for new build prisons of the future, using forward-thinking design and technology. The Prison will be the UK’s first purpose-built, peer-led resettlement Prison. With the expected opening in early 2022, a one of a kind new generation category C new build Prison for the future; HMP Five Wells will be an integral part of the local community.
G4S Care & Rehabilitation Services (CaRS) already successfully manages 4 prisons, one secure training centre and a number of community contracts in England and Wales. The philosophy of our prisons is to rehabilitate offenders and equip them to re-integrate into mainstream society on release. We seek to normalise prison conditions as far as possible to reflect life in the outside community. Our aim is to create an environment in which staff and prisoners feel safe.
Reporting to the Head of FM, we are looking for a full time Mechanical Engineer to join our FM team at HMP Five Wells to deliver both planned and reactive maintenance to assets, building fabric, services and utilities in order to maintain a safe and decent environment across the prison estate.
Key Responsibilities of this role
- Operate within planned maintenance procedures for assets, effectively and safely
- Deal effectively and safely with breakdowns and damage to assets
- Write up maintenance reports for Building Maintenance Activities.
- Carry out maintenance inspection and repairs to various types of heating, water, ventilation, electrical, mechanical and security equipment and services on site
- Diagnosing faults on all Mechanical & Electrical support systems and rectifying where necessary
- Following detailed drawings and operational maintenance manuals in order to carry out all planned maintenance, routine inspections and reactive repairs.
- Carry out maintenance inspection and repairs to various assets, building fabric throughout the prison estate, e.g. furniture, internal /external fixtures and fittings, grounds, access and car parking
- Working with other craft qualified, semi-skilled and non-skilled maintenance staff including Prisoners to develop cross-skilling and cover all levels and aspects of maintenance activities on a team work basis.
- Participate in emergency call out arrangements and provide cover where necessary during sickness absence periods.
Carry out maintenance activities to assist in project and improvement development works, offering alternatives to improve the effectiveness of the operation of the site, review current legislation / regulations
The Ideal Candidate:
You will possess strong organisational and communication skills, have an understanding of an FM maintenance environment and will be dedicated to providing a high quality service. You must be fully qualified with City Guilds/Level 3 NVQ in Mechanical craft studies or equivalent.
If you join us, you can be sure that you’ll find a secure, friendly and professional working environment and be given all the support, training and encouragement you need to build and develop a successful career with us. Our benefits are as you would expect from a large global organisation and include a company pension, comprehensive training, career development, holiday entitlement, uniform and free parking.
Equality and Diversity is an important part of G4S Care and Rehabilitation Services. We actively encourage applications from a diverse range of backgrounds.
G4S Care and Rehabilitation Services is committed to safeguarding and promoting the wellbeing of children and adults at risk and each employee is expected to support these goals.
Please note that these vacancies are subject to a 5 year checkable history and the strict vetting standards set by G4S, and Her Majesties Prison and Probation Service and are exempt from the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act.
You must be eligible to work in the UK and must have been resident in the UK for a minimum period of 3 years. You will also need to provide full details of your employment and education history for the last 5 years as part of the security screening process for this role.
Jobs that might be of interest:PLUMBING AND HEATING ENGINEER – FACILITIES MANAGEMENT
Apply now MAINTENANCE OPERATIVE – FACILITIES MANAGEMENT
Apply now Multi Skilled Engineer (Mechanical)
Location: Milton Keynes, Buckinghamshire
Apply now Digital Skills Instructor
Apply now Premises Officer