Matchday Customer Service Steward - Manchester United FC Manchester, United Kingdom 11.00 hourly
Matchday Customer Service Steward - Manchester United FCLocation: Manchester, United Kingdom | Salary: 11.00 hourly | Posted: 2 Jan 2024 | Business Unit: UK Secure Solutions | Region / Division: UK & Ireland | Contracted Hours: Per Diem | Employee Status: Casual | Reference: 8626
We are looking to recruit additional Matchday Customer Service Stewards, to join our current team at Manchester United Football Club, Manchester.
Manchester is a key location for G4S Events - not only will you be working at the football club, but you will also have an opportunity to be part of broader music and other sporting events across the region. If you're open to travel we even have opportunities to be part of some of the biggest events across the UK - so you will have the opportunity to be a part of the events you love.
You will need to be available for match days for mid-week evening matches as well as weekends. Within the broader G4S Events business we can also offer you opportunities to suit your lifestyle, whether it’s flexible ad hoc hours, or working 40+ hours a week, we have a wide range of shifts available. Please note there will be opportunities to gain a SIA licence - including full training, this will allow you to progress and develop within the company.
Our Customer Service Stewards provide a visible reminder that safety is our number one priority for visitors and staff. Which means you could be inside or outside, on your feet showing people where to go, checking tickets at entry, monitoring the crowd and managing the car parking facilities. Wherever you are, you’ll be the fun, helpful and friendly face representing the event.
As a Customer Service Steward you will be responsible for securing the venues, staff and visitors for our customers. This may include:
- Carrying out pre and post event safety checks ensuring compliance with safe working procedures
- Greeting, assisting and directing visitors attending the event
- Ensuring that no prohibited or restricted items are taken into the secured zones within the venues
- Monitoring visitor / crowd movements and behaviour to identify potential issues or incidents and to take action as necessary
- Perks at Work Scheme: access to a wide range of employee benefits which include discounts in over 20 different categories ranging from Electronics, Home Appliances, Food & Groceries, Car Buying, Travel, Fitness, and more.
- Holiday pay
- Company Pension
- Training Opportunities - Opportunities to gain a DS SIA license, including full training
- Free travel to qualifying events outside of the region
No experience is required as we'll give you all the training you need - applicants holding their Level 2 in Spectator Safety (or above) are preferred but not essential, however, you must be willing to go through the funded training once on board.
Our recruitment and selection process will include a short face to face interview with a member of our friend Recruitment Team.
Given the nature of the industry, we do need to ask some questions for security and compliance purposes, but don’t worry - you will only need to complete them once.
Jobs that might be of interest: