Management Accountant Tewkesbury, United Kingdom Up to 45000
Management AccountantLocation: Tewkesbury, United Kingdom | Salary: Up to 45000 | Posted: 2 Feb 2024 | Business Unit: UK Secure Solutions | Region / Division: UK & Ireland | Contracted Hours: Full-time | Employee Status: Fixed Term | Reference: 9261
Job Title: Management Accountant
12 month Fixed Term Contract
Location: Tewkesbury – hybrid 2-3 days per week in office
Main purpose of the role:
- Prepare monthly management accounts and variance analysis for a portfolio of contracts or business divisions
- Assist with forecasts and budgets for a portfolio of contracts or business
- Support the Business with appropriate MI and financial analysis
Main Responsibilities include:
- Prepare monthly management accounts and variance analysis for a portfolio of contracts or business.
- Working closely with the Head of Finance and Operations team, assist in the preparation of monthly rolling forecasts and risks and opportunities schedule.
- Ensure appropriate action is being taken to mitigate risks and deliver opportunities.
- Ad hoc financial analysis to support the business.
- Assist with internal reporting to Region and external client reporting requirements.
- Detailed review of aged debt and accrued income to ensure Group policy on provisioning is being adhered to and to ensure business is taking action to maximise cash flow
- Develop a detailed understanding of the contract portfolio. Ensure that judgements made are robust, supportable and will pass audit.
- Attend business meetings with the Finance Manager and provide appropriate challenge in order to build knowledge and identify areas of risk
- Prepare monthly balance sheet reconciliations, ensuring sufficient evidence available for audit.
- Liaise with Group internal audit and external auditors, ensuring audit deliverables and queries resolved in a timely manner.
- Review financial controls and processes used by the business.
- Apply Financial Standards where appropriate, ensure relevant balance sheet accounts are well maintained and properly controlled
Job Holder Specification:
Competencies / Personal Requirements:
- Part/Newly Qualified or QBE - Experienced accountant who has a substantial business background.
- Demonstrable contract accounting experience
- Advanced Excel/Google sheet skills
- Knowledge of Microsoft Dynamics desirable
- Excellent interpersonal skills with an ability to win the respect and trust of colleagues and customers
- Systems literacy: ability to harness IT systems to provide and improve MI
- Highly organised with the ability to manage multiple projects under pressure
- Drive and enthusiasm to succeed as part of a team and deliver outstanding results. An ability to motivate others to be successful.
- Highly conscientious and self-motivated with a flexible approach to demands of the role
- Excellent communicator with strong written and presentation skills
- Strong ethical and professional values
- Attention to detail, this is a small team where the individual will need to be hands on.
Jobs that might be of interest: