Management Accountant Worksop (with some UK travel) Competitive
Management AccountantLocation: Worksop (with some UK travel) | Salary: Competitive | Posted: 17 Sep 2020 | Closes: 25 Sep 2020 | Job Type: Permanent & Full-time | Region / Division: UK & Ireland | Reference: G4S/MS/2050
An exciting opportunity has arisen at our Worksop site to join our expanding General Ledger team. As Management Accountant you will be providing a management accounting and reporting service to the UK&I based businesses, encouraging services to ensure that financial controls are met at all times. If you are a qualified accountant with at least two years post qualifying experience with a proven track record as well as experience of managing a small team then we would like to hear from you.
G4S is the leading global integrated security company specialising in the provision of security products, services and solutions. The group is active in more than 110 countries, is the largest employer quoted on the London Stock Exchange with over half a million employees and has a secondary stock exchange listing in Copenhagen. We specialise in outsourced business processes and facilities in sectors where security and safety risks are considered a strategic threat.
- Prepare monthly management accounts and variance analysis for a portfolio of contracts.
- Working closely with the MD and Operations team, prepare monthly rolling forecasts and risks and opportunities schedule.
- Ensure appropriate action is being taken to mitigate risks and deliver opportunities.
- Prepare annual budget and strategic plan submission along with analysis to highlight key assumptions and areas of judgement.
- Ad hoc financial analysis to support the business.
- Assist with internal reporting to Region and external client reporting requirements.
- Detailed review of aged debt and accrued income to ensure Group policy on provisioning is being adhered to and to ensure business is taking action to maximise cash flow.
- Develop a detailed understanding of the contract portfolio. Ensure that judgements made are robust, supportable and will pass audit.
- Attend business meetings with the MD and provide appropriate challenge in order to build knowledge and identify areas of risk.
- Adhere to periodic stewardship requirements e.g. position papers, financial models and quarterly contract review analysis.
- Prepare monthly balance sheet reconciliations for all contracts, ensuring sufficient evidence available for audit.
- Liaise with Group internal audit and external auditors, ensuring audit deliverables and queries resolved in a timely manner.
- Review financial controls and processes used by the business.
- Apply Minimum Financial Standards where appropriate, ensure relevant balance sheet accounts are well maintained and properly controlled.
The Ideal Candidate:
- Qualified or QBE - Experienced accountant who has a substantial business background.
- Demonstrable contract accounting experience.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with an ability to win the respect and trust of colleagues and customers.
- Systems literacy: ability to harness IT systems to provide and improve MI.
- Highly organised with the ability to manage multiple projects under pressure.
- Drive and enthusiasm to succeed as part of a team and deliver outstanding results. An ability to motivate others to be successful.
- Highly conscientious and self-motivated with a flexible approach to demands of the role.
- Excellent communicator with strong written and presentation skills.
- Strong ethical and professional value.
- Attention to detail, this is a small team where the individual will need to be hands on.