Male Engagement Officer/Crisis Worker Slough £21,000
Male Engagement Officer/Crisis WorkerLocation: Slough | Salary: £21,000 | Posted: 28 Apr 2020 | Closes: 9 Jun 2020 | Job Type: Permanent & Full-time | Business Unit: Health Services | Region / Division: UK & Ireland | Reference: 8672
SARC Male Engagement Officer and Crisis Worker
Slough, SL1 2BJ
Shifts 40 hours M-F 9-17.30
Job Spec: To provide on-call advocacy support for all clients accessing the SARC service in line with National guidelines, SARC Best Practice and contractual obligations. To work with the SARC Manager to achieve and maintain the Quality Standards for supporting Male Survivors. To do targeted male –specific and culturally sensitive promotional work to increase males accessing the SARC Service
About our Site: A Sexual Assault Referral Centre is a dedicated centre providing a comprehensive service to men, women and children who have suffered sexual assault, both for those who wish to involve the Police and those who self-refer. Utilising a multi-disciplinary team of Doctors, Nurses, Crisis Workers, Police Officers and support staff the SARC will provide crisis support, appropriate facilities and trained staff for completion of forensic medical examination, provision and advice regarding aftercare including emergency contraception, pregnancy testing, as well as facilitating counselling and ongoing support via third sector agencies and Independent Sexual Violence Advisors.
Benefits as a SARC Male Engagement Officer and Crisis Worker:
- G4S Life Assurance Scheme
- G4S Great for Savings: Discounts on high street shops and brands including several leading high street brands, retailers and travel suppliers
- G4S Box Office: As an official supplier to The O2, employees have the chance to buy tickets for a range of events
- O2 Discounts: For discounted offers on handsets, tariffs and broadband
- Eye Care Vouchers – Free eye-tests/discounts for VDU users
- Hospital Saturday Fund (HSF) Health Plan
- Charity work- Match-IT and Payroll Giving
- Employee Care Scheme (Best Doctors and First Assist Counselling Services)
- Refer A Friend Scheme
- Love to Shop Campaigns
The Ideal Candidate:
- Previous Experience of working with vulnerable male clients.
- Understanding of the gender based needs of Men and Boys
- Excellent Communication Skills
- Good Safeguarding Awareness and Knowledge
- Driving license and access to own vehicle.
- Enhanced DBS and Police Vetting
- Previous role working with male victims of sexual assault
- Forensic Awareness
- Multi-Agency Working
- Marketing and Promotional experience
For further information please email: firstname.lastname@example.org
This role requires the ability to work with vulnerable people in a caring and compassionate way. A DBS check and relevant police/ prison clearance will be required to exclude any individuals with a history of behaviour which could be considered unacceptable (by G4S or the clients). Safety is of paramount importance and the post holder must ensure that safe systems of work are followed without compromise.
Please note that this vacancy is subject to a minimum 5 year checkable employment and education history including criminal record vetting. To apply for this role, you must be eligible to work in the
Please Note: If you are successful at interview you will be required to attend site within 7 working days for a vetting interview.
Jobs that might be of interest:Flexi Sexual Offence Examiner (Nurse)
Apply now Paediatric Sexual Offence Examiner Doctor
Apply now Flexi Sexual Offence Examiner (Nurse)
Apply now Bank Forensic Medical Examiner
Apply now Bank Nurse / Paramedic