MAINTENANCE OPERATIVE – FACILITIES MANAGEMENTLocation: Wellingborough | Salary: £25,000 - £28,000 | Posted: 23 Sep 2021 | Closes: 11 Nov 2021 | Job Type: Permanent & Full-time | Business Unit: UK Central Government Services | Region / Division: UK & Ireland | Reference: 10557
MAINTENANCE OPERATIVE – FACILITIES MANAGEMENT
HMP Five Wells, Wellingborough, NN8 2NG
£25,000 - £28,000 per annum
Full Time, permanent, 40 hours per week
This is a great opportunity to be a part of something exciting!
A brand new contract, large scale employment opportunities; HMP Five Wells in Wellingborough will set a standard for new build prisons of the future, using forward-thinking design and technology. The Prison will be the UK’s first purpose-built, peer-led resettlement Prison. With the expected opening in early 2022, a one of a kind new generation category C new build Prison for the future; HMP Five Wells will be an integral part of the local community.
G4S Care & Rehabilitation Services (CaRS) already successfully manages 4 prisons, one secure training centre and a number of community contracts in England and Wales. The philosophy of our prisons is to rehabilitate offenders and equip them to re-integrate into mainstream society on release. We seek to normalise prison conditions as far as possible to reflect life in the outside community. Our aim is to create an environment in which staff and prisoners feel safe.
Reporting to the Senior Engineer, we are looking for a number of full time Maintenance Operatives to join our FM team at HMP Five Wells to maintain and repair assets, building fabric services and utilities across the prison estate. Working within the hard and soft services team you will deal with all PPM and reactive tasks in a timely manner within their respective target dates.
Initially, you will support the operational mobilisation of the Prison, and then move into the role after successful mobilisation In February 2022.
Key Responsibilities of this role
- Operate within planned maintenance procedures
- Deal effectively and safely with breakdowns and damage to assets
- Carry out maintenance inspection and repairs to various types of heating, water, ventilation, electrical, mechanical and security equipment and services on site
- Assist on diagnosing faults on all Mechanical & Electrical support systems and rectifying where necessary
- Carry out maintenance inspection and repairs to various assets, building fabric throughout the prison estate, e.g. furniture, internal/external fixtures and fittings, grounds, access and car parking
- Working with other craft qualified, semi-skilled and non-skilled maintenance staff to develop cross-skilling and cover all levels and aspects of maintenance activities on a team work basis.
- Carry out maintenance activities to assist in project and improvement development works, offering alternatives to improve the effectiveness of the operation of the site, review current legislation / regulations
- Security awareness within a prison environment in respect to key locking and escorting maintenance contractors within the prison estate
The Ideal Candidate:
You will possess strong organisational and communication skills, have an understanding of an FM maintenance environment and will be dedicated to providing a high quality service.
If you join us, you can be sure that you’ll find a secure, friendly and professional working environment and be given all the support, training and encouragement you need to build and develop a successful career with us. Our benefits are as you would expect from a large global organisation and include a company pension, comprehensive training, career development, holiday entitlement, uniform and free parking.
Equality and Diversity is an important part of G4S Care and Rehabilitation Services. We actively encourage applications from a diverse range of backgrounds.
Please note that these vacancies are subject to a 5 year checkable history and the strict vetting standards set by G4S, and Her Majesty’s Prison and Probation Service and are exempt from the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act.
You must be eligible to work in the UK and must have been resident in the UK for a minimum period of 3 years. You will also need to provide full details of your employment and education history for the last 5 years as part of the security screening process for this role.
Jobs that might be of interest:MECHANICAL MULTI SKILLED ENGINEER – FACILITIES MANAGEMENT
Apply now ELECTRICAL MULTI SKILLED ENGINEER – FACILITIES MANAGEMENT
Apply now Escort and Stores Officer - Facilities Management
Apply now School Premises Officer
Location: Leicester, Leicestershire
Apply now Site Manager
Location: Leicester, Leicestershire