Maintenance Assistant Wolverhampton, Birmingham £20,664.60
Maintenance AssistantLocation: Wolverhampton, Birmingham | Salary: £20,664.60 | Posted: 26 Jul 2021 | Closes: 9 Aug 2021 | Job Type: Permanent & Full-time | Business Unit: UK Central Government Services | Region / Division: UK & Ireland | Reference: 10264
G4S Custody and Rehabilitation Services
HMP Oakwood, Nr Wolverhampton, WV10 7QD
Salary : £20,664.60 per annum
Permanent, Full-time (40 hours per week)
Benefits: Company Pension, free on-site parking, on-site canteen, local Gym discounts, ongoing training and development and access to High Street Shop discounts.
HMP Oakwood is an innovative prison which has been highlighted by Her Majesty’s Inspectorate of Prisons as an “Impressive institution, with a culture of decency and respect. Driven by courageous leadership, excellent peer-led initiatives and outstanding management of learning and skills provisions”.
We are looking to recruit a full-time Maintenance Assistant to work at HMP Oakwood. The successful candidate will be required to provide general support to FM operations within the site. Undertaking general handyperson duties as directed.
- To undertake any activities within range of abilities in accordance with instruction and guidance.
- Building Maintenance
- Planned Maintenance to site based assets
- To support the FM team to achieve contractual requirements.
- To undertake training in new skills as required by the demands of the job.
- Maintenance inspection and repair of various assets eg furniture, internal fittings & fixtures grounds maintenance as when required.
- Working with other craft qualified, semi-skilled and non-skilled maintenance staff to develop cross-skilling and cover all levels and aspects of maintenance activities on a teamwork basis.
- Participate in call out response if and when required.
- Preparation and Painting.
- Waste collection and disposal if required.
- Portering and Furniture removal as directed by the client.
- Operate in a Safe and proper manner using materials and tools designated for the job.
- Carry out any other activity that is reasonably required by Senior Management
The Ideal Candidate:
- Good Handyman skills
- Understanding of Health & Safety
- PAT Testing Training
If you join us, you can be sure that you’ll find a secure, friendly and professional working environment and be given all the support, training and encouragement you need to build and develop a successful career with us.
Equality and Diversity is an important part of G4S Custody and Rehabilitation Services. We actively encourage applications from all diverse groups
Please note that these vacancies are subject to a 5 year checkable history and the strict vetting standards set by G4S and the Secretary of State for the Home Office and are exempt from the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act.
You must be eligible to work in the UK and must have been resident in the UK for a minimum period of 3 years. You will also need to provide full details of your employment and education history for the last 5 years as part of the security screening process for this role.
Jobs that might be of interest:Prison Custody Officer
Apply now Prison Custody Officer
Apply now Administrator
Location: Rugby, Warwickshire
Apply now Sexual Offence Examiner (Nurse/Midwife)
Location: West Midlands
Apply now Human Resources Business Advisor
Location: Rugby, Warwickshire