Logistics Planner Chelmsford £23,575
Logistics PlannerLocation: Chelmsford | Salary: £23,575 | Posted: 13 Jan 2020 | Closes: 27 Jan 2020 | Job Type: Permanent & Full-time | Business Unit: UK Patient Transport Services | Region / Division: UK & Ireland | Reference: 8424
Chelmsford (CM1 1GU)
£23,575 per annum
40 hours per week, (8:30-17:00 Mon-Fri)
Job outline: To work effectively to plan the service for multi contracts within a region, in order to achieve contractual KPI’s in a cost effective manner, maximising
the use of available resources across all contracts, plan daily activities based on arrival and departure KPI’s, mobility type, and maximising vehicle
- Schedule and plan patient journeys across regions, optimising the resource available
- Identify shortfalls in resource at the earliest opportunity and escalate to Senior Planner
- Monitor activity levels to identify and highlight trends in demand or problem areas
- Ensure plans allow sufficient rest breaks for all crews
- Forecast activities and identify potential resource issues and escalate to Senior Planner
- To provide regular statistical information in respect of usage of the service
- Has to ensure breaks are evenly distributed throughout the fleet taking into consideration vehicle mobility’s and journey demand at peak times of the day ensuring KPI’s and T&C’s are upheld.
- Main point of contract for site based colleagues including external bodies
- Ensure that the transport takes place by the most efficient means within the constraints of the contractual requirements.
- Work closely with the controllers and highlight any potential future missed journeys to the Logistics Specialists.
- Flag any concerns to the Logistics Specialists/ Manager at earliest opportunity e.g. Resource issues, vehicle availability, comms etc.
- Minimise requirements for overtime and third party spend by ensuring journeys are completed within core shift times.
- Develop a robust and efficient plan for the following day ensuring the most efficient use of resource and within contractual KPI windows.
- Read and review patient notes in order to plan effectively
- To ensure vehicle productivity is effectively planned in terms of patient occupancy, and journeys per day to minimise wasted mileage and empty travel.
- Ensuring that journeys are planned with consideration of the most cost effective resource in conjunction with relevant on site controller
The Ideal Candidate:
- Good standard of education qualified at least to GCSE level
- Knowledge or competency with the ability to use Microsoft Word / Excel / Outlook
- High level of organisation skills
- High standard of verbal communication skills and well developed interpersonal skills are required. This includes dealing with routine information, where tact or persuasive skills are needed, occasionally dealing with complex or sensitive information
- Able to work within agreed parameters and with minimal supervision
- Able to work accurately under pressure
- Ability to make decisions to manage conflicting diary priorities and prioritise own work
- An understanding of data protection and the ability to maintain patient confidentiality
- Ability to work as part of a team
- A clear and pleasant telephone manner
- Flexible, enthusiastic and committed to work commitments
- Excellent people skills
- Excellent telephone manner
- Patients must be transported and cared for in a dignified manner and by the most appropriate means
- Good team working skills
- Professional and courteous towards the public, NHS staff and drivers
- An understanding of Patient Transport Services
Jobs that might be of interest:Contract Administrator
Location: Stevenage, Hertfordshire
Apply now Administrator
Location: Oxford, Oxfordshire
Apply now Administrator - Support Services
Location: Wolverhampton, West Midlands
Apply now Program Manager
Location: Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
Apply now Fiber Optic Project Manager
Location: Willowbrook, Illinois