Logistics Coordinator ME5 8RZ £22,425.20
Logistics CoordinatorLocation: ME5 8RZ | Salary: £22,425.20 | Posted: 25 Jul 2022 | Closes: 12 Sep 2022 | Job Type: Full Time and Permanent | Business Unit: UK Patient Transport Services | Region / Division: UK & Ireland | Reference: 12166
Location: Chatham, Kent (ME5 8RZ)
Salary: £22,425.20 Per annum.
Full time 42.5 hours per week
G4S are recruiting for a Logistics Coordinator to join our team in Chatham ME5 8RZ
As a Logistics coordinator you will ensure the effective and efficient day-to-day operation within the patient transport service by coordinating the distribution of patient journeys with care and respect.
You will work as part of a team alongside Planners, Help Desk Agents, Logistics Specialists and other Site Controllers.
Understand patient mobility, special needs and staff rosters to allocate appropriate resources effectively.
Manage time efficient routes on a daily basis, making effective use of resources in order to meet patient requirements.
Deal with all routine routes in a timely manner so that an appropriate response is provided.
Liaise with the management team to identify any potential problems.
Treat all callers with respect, courtesy and cordiality, whilst obtaining relevant accurate information quickly
Coordinate Ambulance Care Assistants and Emergency Medical Technicians and liaise with customers to ensure an excellent service is offered and delivered
To ensure utilisation is managed to the highest levels whilst managing costs to the KPIs set.
Continual analysis of data and functions to recommend business best practice
Support all administration for holidays, sickness and overtime escalating to HR where required
Administration and record keeping is kept to a high standard
Responsible to report all vehicles are repaired and roadworthy for hire
Promotes a high level of morale, ensuring the team remain customer focused maintaining integrity at all times
Teams are engaged and fully understand the business goals and objectives
Ensure the contracted service is delivered on a timely basis to the required standard in line with policies and procedures.
Organise and allocate resources to optimise service delivery.
Provide support and advice to Ambulance Care Assistants and Emergency Medical Technicians
Assist in the planning of the shift rosters, ensuring relevant cover throughout the year
Deal with any and all matters which arise as first point of contact
Follow all appropriate safety procedures and report any potential hazards or possible misuse of the service to the Depot Managers/Operations Manager.
Carry out any other duties relevant to the role as directed by your Depot Managers and/or Operations Manager.
The Ideal Candidate:
- Full driving license required
- Ability to work effectively as part of a team
- O Level/GCSE in Maths and English
- Worked in a fast pace multi delivery environment
- Customer focused
- Good communicator and problem solving skills with strong time management ability
- I.T. Literate (i.e. Microsoft Office Suite)
- Assertive, results orientated individual capable of leading a team unsupervised
- Flexible approach to working hours.
- Application of common sense approach
- A caring attitude towards patients and an outgoing, friendly manner, able to show empathy and respect
- The post holder must be willing to undergo suitable training including Manual Handling, Risk Assessment, Customer Services, client induction, advanced driving and first aid.
- Able to deal with multiple tasks and prioritise
- Able to work on own initiative and proactively
- Ability to remain calm and professional at all times
- Knowledge of Patient Transport Services
- Experience of working in confidential environment
- Basic literacy and numeracy are required. Formal qualifications (apart from a full, current UK driving license) are less important than the appropriate manner and attitude to patients, clients and colleagues.
- Geographical knowledge of the local area to be worked within
- Logistical experience in the hire industry or formal logistics qualifications (NVQ/Other)
- Health and Safety
- Managed large teams remotely
- Fleet management experience
- Understanding of BVRLA guidelines
Company pension scheme with employer contributions
G4S Life Assurance Scheme
Subsidised healthcare plan
Charity work- Match-IT and Payroll Giving
Employee Assistance Programme Scheme (Confidential Counselling Services, 24/7 support specialising in health and medical topics )
Refer A Friend Scheme
Discounts on high street shops and brands including several leading high street brands, retailers and travel suppliers
Covid vaccinations are preferred
This role requires the ability to work with vulnerable, frail people, who may be distressed or experiencing pain, in a caring and compassionate way. A Criminal Records Bureau check will therefore be required to exclude any individual with a history of criminal behaviour which could be considered unacceptable (by G4S or the clients) in a patient care environment. Safety is of paramount importance and the post holder must ensure that safe systems of work are followed without compromise. The post holder needs to be committed to maintaining high standards of customer care and service delivery.
A Disability Confident application was made a couple of years ago for the whole of G4S UK and Ireland, although the submission (including case studies etc) came from ESS. At that time Level 2 was awarded. Submission was recently made for re accreditation - but this time for Level 3 - and attached is the certificate confirming their achievement (which was again awarded to the whole business).