Logistics Coordinator Chelmsford, Essex £9,600
Logistics CoordinatorLocation: Chelmsford, Essex | Salary: £9,600 | Posted: 27 Apr 2020 | Closes: 8 Jun 2020 | Job Type: Permanent & Part-time | Business Unit: Health Services | Region / Division: UK & Ireland | Reference: 8637
Chelmsford (CM1 1GU)
16 hours per week (07:00-15:30, 11:00-19:30)
£9,600.00 per annum
Job outline: To ensure the effective and efficient day-to-day operation within the patient transport service by coordinating the distribution of patient journeys with care and respect. To work as part of a team alongside planners, help desk agents, Logistics Specialists and other site controllers.
- Understand patient mobility, special needs and staff rosters to allocate appropriate resources effectively.
- To follow the protocols set out for day control to ensure a uniform way of working across the team
- Manage time efficient routes on a daily basis, making effective use of resources in order to meet patient requirements.
- Deal with all routine routes in a timely manner so that an appropriate response is provided.
- Liaise with the management team to identify any potential problems.
- Treat all callers with respect, courtesy and cordiality, whilst obtaining relevant accurate information quickly
- Coordinate and provide support to Ambulance Care Assistants and Emergency Medical Technicians and liaise with customers to ensure an excellent service is offered and delivered
- To ensure utilisation is managed to the highest levels whilst managing costs to the KPIs set.
- Administration and record keeping is kept to a high standard
- Responsible to report all vehicles are repaired and roadworthy for hire
- Promotes a high level of morale, ensuring the team remain customer focused, maintaining integrity at all times
- Ensure the contracted service is delivered on a timely basis to the required standard in line with policies and procedures.
- Organise and allocate resources to optimise service delivery
- To attend Back to the Floor days with the crews periodically
The Ideal Candidate:
- Ability to work effectively as part of a team
- A strong can do attitude
- O Level/GCSE in Maths and English
- Worked in a fast pace multi delivery environment
- Customer focused
- Good communicator and problem solving skills with strong time management ability
- I.T. Literate (i.e. Microsoft Office Suite)
- Flexible approach to working hours.
- Application of common sense approach
- A caring attitude towards patients and an outgoing, friendly manner, able to show empathy and respect
- The post holder must be willing to undergo suitable training including Manual Handling, Risk Assessment, Customer Services, client induction and first aid.
- Able to deal with multiple tasks and prioritise
- Able to work on own initiative and proactively
- Ability to remain calm and professional at all times
- Willing to undertake a standard DBS check
- Knowledge of Patient Transport Services
- Experience of working in confidential environment
- Basic literacy and numeracy are required. Formal qualifications (apart from a full, current UK driving license) are less important than the appropriate manner and attitude to patients, clients and colleagues.
- Geographical knowledge of the local area to be worked within
- Logistical experience in the hire industry or formal logistics qualifications (NVQ/Other)
- Health and Safety
Jobs that might be of interest:Ambulance Driver (Care Assistant) - Dartford
Location: Dartford, Kent
Apply now Ambulance Driver - Queen Elizabeth Hospital
Apply now Ambulance Driver (Care Assistant) - Maidstone
Apply now Ambulance Driver -UCLH (Afternoons and Nights)
Location: North West London
Apply now Ambulance Driver - RNOH
Location: North West London