Logistics Coordinator London £24,000
Logistics CoordinatorLocation: London | Salary: £24,000 | Posted: 13 Mar 2019 | Closes: 8 May 2019 | Job Type: Permanent & Full-time | Business Unit: UK Central Government Services | Region / Division: UK & Ireland | Reference: 7675
Patient Transport Services, University College Hospital London - NW1 2BU
£24,000 per annum
Full Time - 45 hours per week
To ensure the effective and efficient day-to-day operation within the patient transport service by coordinating the distribution of patient journey’s with care and respect.
- Understand patient mobility, special needs and staff rosters to allocate appropriate resources effectively.
- Manage time efficient routes on a daily basis, making effective use of resources in order to meet patient requirements.
- Deal with all routine routes in a timely manner so that an appropriate response is provided.
- Liaise with the management team to identify any potential problems.
- Treat all callers with respect, courtesy and cordiality, whilst obtaining relevant accurate information quickly
- Coordinate Ambulance Care Assistants and Emergency Medical Technicians and liaise with customers to ensure an excellent service is offered and delivered
- To ensure utilisation is managed to the highest levels whilst managing costs to the KPIs set.
- Continual analysis of data and functions to recommend business best practice
- Support all administration for holidays, sickness and overtime escalating to HR where required
- Administration and record keeping is kept to a high standard
- Responsible to report all vehicles are repaired and roadworthy for hire
- Promotes a high level of morale, ensuring the team remain customer focussed maintaining integrity at all times
- Teams are engaged and fully understand the business goals and objectives
- Ensure the contracted service is delivered on a timely basis to the required standard in line with policies and procedures.
- Organise and allocate resources to optimise service delivery.
- Provide support and advice to Ambulance Care Assistants and Emergency Medical Technicians
- Assist in the planning of the shift rosters, ensuring relevant cover throughout the year
- Deal with any and all matters which arise as first point of contact
- Follow all appropriate safety procedures and report any potential hazards or possible misuse of the service to the Team Leader
- Carry out any other duties relevant to the role as directed by your Team Leader.
- To accurately record and update all call information on the appropriate electronic systems in accordance with the Data Protection Act (this includes bespoke IT systems IT systems and Microsoft systems such as Excel, Word & CRM.
- Operates within the equality and diversity framework at all times.
- Participates in bi annual Employee Development Review (EDR).
- Follow G4S policies and procedures at all times, adhering to legislation and best practice
- Actively participates in training as identified in conjunction with Line Manager
The Ideal Candidate:
- Previous call centre experience, either inbound or outbound
- Worked in a fast pace, multi delivery environment
- Experience of working against call centre KPIs
- Level/GCSE in Maths and English
- Excellent customer service skills, with caring attitude towards patients and an outgoing friendly manner
- Ability to show empathy and respect
- Excellent communicative and problem solving skills with strong time management ability
- I.T. Literate (i.e. Microsoft Office Suite)
- Flexible approach to working hours.
- Application of common sense approach
- Able to deal with multiple tasks and prioritise, keeping an eye for detail
- Able to work on own initiative and proactively as well as effectively as part of a team
- Ability to remain calm and professional at all times
- Knowledge of Patient Transport Services and patient mobility preferably inline with G4S criteria
- Experience of working in confidential environment
- Full Driving license
Jobs that might be of interest: