Logistics Co-ordinator Woolwich, Greater London £23,000
Logistics Co-ordinatorLocation: Woolwich, Greater London | Salary: £23,000 | Posted: 4 Sep 2019 | Closes: 2 Oct 2019 | Job Type: Permanent & Full-time | Business Unit: Health Services | Region / Division: UK & Ireland | Reference: 7857
Queen Elizabeth Hospital SE18 4QH
£23,000 per annum
40 hours per week (Mon-Fri 10:30-19:00)
Job outline: To ensure the effective and efficient day-to-day operation within the patient transport service by coordinating the distribution of patient journey’s with care and respect.
- Understand patient mobility, special needs and staff rosters to allocate appropriate resources effectively.
- Manage time efficient routes on a daily basis, making effective use of resources in order to meet patient requirements.
- Deal with all routine routes in a timely manner so that an appropriate response is provided.
- Liaise with the management team to identify any potential problems.
- Treat all callers with respect, courtesy and cordiality, whilst obtaining relevant accurate information quickly
- Coordinate Ambulance Care Assistants and Emergency Medical Technicians and liaise with customers to ensure an excellent service is offered and delivered
- To ensure utilisation is managed to the highest levels whilst managing costs to the KPI's set.
- Continual analysis of data and functions to recommend business best practice
- Support all administration for holidays, sickness and overtime escalating to HR where required
- Administration and record keeping is kept to a high standard
- Responsible to report all vehicles are repaired and roadworthy for hire
- Promotes a high level of morale, ensuring the team remain customer focused maintaining integrity at all times
- Teams are engaged and fully understand the business goals and objectives
- Ensure the contracted service is delivered on a timely basis to the required standard in line with policies and procedures.
- Organise and allocate resources to optimise service delivery.
- Provide support and advice to Ambulance Care Assistants and Emergency Medical Technicians
The Ideal Candidate:
- Ability to work effectively as part of a team
- O Level/GCSE in Maths and English
- Worked in a fast pace multi delivery environment
- Customer focused
- Good communicator and problem solving skills with strong time management ability
- I.T. Literate (i.e. Microsoft Office Suite)
- Assertive, results orientated individual capable of leading a team unsupervised
- Flexible approach to working hours.
- Application of common sense approach
- A caring attitude towards patients and an outgoing, friendly manner, able to show empathy and respect
- The post holder must be willing to undergo suitable training including Manual Handling, Risk Assessment, Customer Services, client induction, advanced driving and first aid.
- Able to deal with multiple tasks and prioritise
- Able to work on own initiative and proactively
- Ability to remain calm and professional at all times
- Knowledge of Patient Transport Services
- Experience of working in confidential environment
- Basic literacy and numeracy are required. Formal qualifications (apart from a full, current UK driving license) are less important than the appropriate manner and attitude to patients, clients and colleagues.
- Geographical knowledge of the local area to be worked within
- Logistical experience in the hire industry or formal logistics qualifications
- Health and Safety
- Managed large teams remotely
- Fleet management experience Understanding of BVRLA guidelines
Jobs that might be of interest: