Locating Maintenance Supervisor Willowbrook, Illinois Competitive
Locating Maintenance SupervisorLocation: Willowbrook, Illinois | Salary: Competitive | Posted: 22 Jul 2020 | Closes: 30 Sep 2020 | Job Type: Permanent & Full-time | Business Unit: US - G4S Secure Integration | Region / Division: G4S Technology | Reference: IL072220MS
Adesta, a G4S company, is looking for a successful Maintenance Supervisor to represent the company in customer interface on any maintenance related items and any contracts with state and local agencies.
- Responsible for day to day locating and dispatch operations.
- Interprets architectural, engineering, utility right-of-way and grid maps, and underground utility records. Understands underground utilities, specifically telecommunication and electrical facilities.
- Understands and participates in the One–Call process and locating in order to support the requirements of the project contract. Coordinates a team effort and communicates the required activities effectively to direct reports.
- Provides guidance and proper instructions to maintenance personnel for planning and scheduling of maintenance activities. Ensures documentation is properly prepared for subsequent turnover to the owner.
- Understands the policies, procedures, standards, and goals of the organization and directs the execution of all aspects of maintenance of underground facilities with those in mind.
- Represents the company at meetings and is the customer interface on any maintenance related items and any contacts with state and local One-Call agencies.
- Coordinates meetings with ROW owners to assess actual and/or potential conflicts with the company’s fiber infrastructure. Works with other team members to design a modified route if necessary.
- Coordinates the maintenance team effort to perform routine inspections, testing and maintenance of network equipment and performs a portion of the work.
- Plans, schedules and performs development and service work on telecommunications systems, which may include but not necessarily be limited to: SONET, 10base-T Ethernet, CWDM, DWDM,
- Prepares work plans and customer notifications for preventive and emergency maintenance as well network changes and additions. Prepares maintenance reports, as-built documentation and test data for submittal to customers.
- Required to be on rotating stand-by shift (24X7) for network failures.
- Provides direction for complex utility locating troubleshooting issues.
- Creates the quarterly locator oncall schedule.
- Provides input to the locating manager for performance reviews.
- Performs Quality Control Audits on locates.
- Ensures vehicle inspections are performed.
- Generates invoicing for locating customers.
- Other duties as assigned by supervision.
The Ideal Candidate:
- 3+ years’ experience of progressively more responsible maintenance experience
- A Bachelor’s degree in civil, mechanical, electrical or construction engineering is preferred but not required
- Experience with locating, field engineering, management and project oversight responsibilities highly desired
About the Company:
Adesta specializes in the design and implementation of modern communications networks and infrastructure for public and private customers and government entities. Adesta works to craft solutions that meet our customers’ project goals and budgets, and position them well for future success. Adesta not only offers the engineering, technical, and management expertise of an established systems integrator; we also back our expertise with dependable maintenance support and training.
Why Work for Adesta?
- Competitive Salary
- Medical, Dental, Vision, and Disability Plans
- Life Insurance
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Employee Assistance Program
- 401(k) match
- Paid Time Off & Paid Holidays
- Employee referral program
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Professional Certification Reimbursement
Equal Opportunity Employer/Minorities/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity
VEVRAA Federal Contractor
Jobs that might be of interest:Director, Corporate Risk Services
Location: Chicago, IL
Apply now Site Manager
Location: Chicago, Illinois
Apply now Recruiting Manager
Location: Willowbrook, Illinois
Apply now Security Officer
Location: Addison, Illinois
Apply now Security Officer - Upscale
Location: Bedford Park, Illinois