Learning and Skills Admin Support BRIDGEND £10,240.47
Learning and Skills Admin SupportLocation: BRIDGEND | Salary: £10,240.47 | Posted: 28 Oct 2019 | Closes: 11 Nov 2019 | Job Type: Permanent & Part-time | Business Unit: UK Central Government Services | Region / Division: UK & Ireland | Reference: 8218
Learning and Support Admin Support
HMP Parc, Bridgend
Salary : £10,240.47 per annum
Part-Time (20 hours per week)
G4S is a large and diverse company with operations in over 100 countries and more than 610,000 employees worldwide, G4S is a truly unique company who are bigger, more diverse and involved in more fascinating, innovative projects than many people would imagine and we now have an opportunity for Learning and Support Admin Assistant to join our team at HMP & YOI Parc, a category B prison, in Bridgend, South Wales, currently holding over 1600 men and young people in a secure but modern environment.
The successful candidate will have excellent communication and organisational skills to enable them to assist in the smooth and efficient running of the Learning and Skills Function at HMP Parc. They will be required to coordinate a range of tasks and provide administrative support to the Learning and Skills Management Team.
- Provide general administrative support to Learning and Skills Management Team tasked with delivering certificares across the establishment.
- Ensure that a detailed records are kept
- Contact other prisons for any certificates obtained
- Prepare detailed reports as and when required.
- Maintain communication with external agencies and service providers presenting information in a professional manner.
- Respond to prisoner queries via internal systems.
- Assist in the organisation and applications of accounts for VC/XMA/Edu server
- Ensure, by supporting managers, that all staff are aware of non receipt of certificates in a timely manner providing regular communication.
- Represent the team at meetings taking precise and comprehensive minutes when required .
- Provide other administrative support where neeed.
- Provide backfill cover to the assessment centre for BKSB .
- Input information as required
- Under take tasks directed by your line manager
- Provide administrative support to the SMT in related matters
The Ideal Candidate:
- Excellent communications skills and organised in managing daily tasks
- Working knowledge of Microsoft and Google packages
- Experience of working in a busy pressured environment
- Must be able to work as part of a team but also on own initative.
- Good ICT knowledge and typing/word processing skills
- Previous administrative experience
- Previous knowledge of education and/or the custodical environment
At G4S, the philosophy of our prisons is to rehabilitate offenders and equip them to re-integrate into mainstream society on release. Our aim is to create an environment in which staff and prisoners feel safe and causes of prison stress are minimised. Central to our philosophy is the relationship between staff and prisoners. Our training and operational practices emphasise the need to treat prisoners with dignity and respect and G4S staff build positive and supportive relationships with the prisoners in their care. We are seeking to recruit a caring, pro-active and confident professional to help make a real difference to their lives.
If you join us, you will find a secure, friendly and professional working environment and be given all the support, training and encouragement you need to build and develop a successful career with us. Our benefits are as you would expect from a large organisation and include a company pension, comprehensive training, career development, generous holiday entitlement, uniform and access to our on-site gym.
Please note that these vacancies are subject to a 10 year checkable history and the strict vetting standards set by G4S and the Secretary of State for the Home Office and are exempt from the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act.
You must be eligible to work in the UK and must have been resident in the UK for a minimum period of 5 years. You will also need to provide full details of your employment and education history for the last 10 years as part of the security screening process for this role.
HMP & YOI Parc is committed to a clean air policy for the wellbeing of its staff, and to protect them from the risks of passive smoking. Our prison is a smoke-free environment, and smoking is not permitted in any area of the establishment. The conveyance of smoking paraphernalia (including tobacco, cigarettes and e-cigarettes) through the Keylock and into the prison will be considered a disciplinary offence under the company’s Disciplinary Policy.