Lead Security Officer Cork, Ireland €12.50 hourly
Lead Security OfficerLocation: Cork, Ireland | Salary: €12.50 hourly | Posted: 12 Jan 2022 | Contracted Hours: Full-time | Employee Status: Permanent | Reference: 22000033
G4S IS looking to recruit Port security Officers. This is an exciting new, yet demanding role. The ideal candidate is expected to work with minimal supervision and will assist and monitor additional security staff working within the port. The ideal Candidates will have a proven experience / qualification in, or working towards.
- Security Management, Conflict management
- Operations experience
- Control room experience. Staff supervision
- Excellent IT shills
This position will report directly to site security Supervisor. The individuals will be primarily based within the port security Centre working as part of the core team but may be called upon to work on various sites across the Port.
Core Hours : Full time working shift based pattern.
ESSENTAIL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Assist with the monitoring security across the sites. Lead by example, set the standards and ensure the G4S values are upheld at all times.
- Assist the Site Supervisor in improving overall safety performance by implementing site procedures to ensure a safe work place and to emphasise safe work habits.
- Responsibility for ensuring the security of colleagues, contractors, visitor, assets and information in accordance with site strategy.
- Develop and maintain good working relationships with all key customers and other public and private organisations to protect the client.
- Identify security issues requiring policy/procedure for implementation and improvement.
- Work as part of the Security team in the creation and implementation of all documentation, policies and procedures that support Security operations.
- Ensure site is in compliance with all security requirements. Highlighting gaps and identifying action plans for any deficiencies.
- Co-ordinating efforts by those with line responsibility for required processes, such as parking control, access control administration and electronic equipment to ensure standards are met
- Contribute to the developing and maintaining ISPS Security Plan when required.
- Ensuring the submission of Serious Security Incident Reports in a timely fashion.
- Educating all colleagues on their security responsibilities) Understanding their role in the overall security program, and the importance of security in protecting all colleagues, visitors and assets
Must have the following requirements:
- Current Valid PSA licence
- Safe Pass (desriable)
- Fluent English essential
- Basic computer skills
- Must be fully flexible and available to work days, evenings and weekends
- 5 years of verifiable work and personal history
- Good customer service skills
- Excellent written and attention to detail skills are essential
- Full-time and part-time contracts of employment
- Life Assurance
- Progression, training and development opportunities
- Tax saver and bicycle to work scheme after 12 months service
- Pension scheme after 6 months service
- Group health scheme
- Eye care vouchers
- SIPTU Representation Rights
- Life advice and counselling service
- Service awards recognition scheme
- Internal recognition schemes
- Charitable giving