Lead Nurse / Paramedic Bridgewater, Somerset £38,684.00
Lead Nurse / ParamedicLocation: Bridgewater, Somerset | Salary: £38,684.00 | Posted: 2 Jul 2020 | Closes: 27 Aug 2020 | Job Type: Permanent & Full-time | Business Unit: Health Services | Region / Division: UK & Ireland | Reference: 8695
Lead Nurse/Paramedic (HCP)
Shifts: Various shifts (42 hours per week)
G4S Health Services has been one of the leading providers to all justice health environments since 2005. Working across Secure, Custody and Sexual Assault Referral Centres (SARC) across the UK, we provide primary care and forensic healthcare to a wide range of patients.
We are recruiting for a Nurse or Paramedic (HCP) in Bridgewater.
Benefits as a Nurse or Paramedic (HCP):
- Salary £38,684.00 per annum
- Company pension scheme with employer contributions
- G4S Life Assurance Scheme
- Access to Gympass - subsidised gym
- Free eye-tests/discounts for VDU users
- Subsidised healthcare plan
- Charity work- Match-IT and Payroll Giving
- Employee Assistance Programme Scheme (Confidential Counselling Services, 24/7 support specialising in health and medical topics )
- Refer A Friend Scheme
- Discounts on high street shops and brands including several leading high street brands, retailers and travel suppliers
Job Outline: To lead and manage a small team of Health Care Professionals as well as the clinical service for specified Custody Suites, plus assigned flexi staff
- Management, supervision and development of the HCP team within the specified custody suites, this includes local team meetings, 121s, absence management and the implementation of clinical supervision.
- To develop and manage compliance of local operating procedures and policies, meeting legislative guidance and evidence based best practice.
- Act as a designated manager for the service when on duty.
- To manage the custody stock of medications in line with an agreed level and in line with company policy.
- Ensure all clinical equipment is maintained and has annual checks in place. This includes where necessary all daily checks are completed by HCP team.
- To act as initial point of contact for commissioners, developing strong links with individual custody sergeants.
- In the absence of the Clinical Lead, ensure rotas are fully covered.
- Work closely with the compliance team to ensure the HCPs within the team manage all requests for statements and involvement with clinical incidents within timeframes.
- To work at all times within the bounds of confidentiality, adhering to data protection, information governance and maintaining Caldicott Guidelines.
- To comply with health and safety legislation and local policies, providing healthy working conditions for individuals. Supporting staff who work in a range of secure environments in circumstances which may impact on a person’s physical and mental well-being.
- To ensure safeguarding and child protection procedures are followed, and information sharing with child protection teams and agencies meet safeguarding board, trust and local policies
- Accountable for local audit: infection control, health and safety and medicines management.
- Accountable for achievement of statutory and mandatory training target for HCPs within the designated custody unit.
- To act as local IPC lead for a specified custody suite, ensuring audits are completed and when necessary, support in the development of reports to the IPC board.
The Ideal Candidate:
Skills & Knowledge:
- Part 1 (Adult) NMC registration or Registered Paramedic.
- Experience of working within a team.
- Evidence of further development of own clinical practice.
- Driving Licence.
- 3 years post-registration experience.
- Evidence of advanced clinical practice.
- Leading on an area of training or development.
- Recruitment and retention of staff.
- 12 month experience of working within a police custody environment.
- Evidence of managerial experience at a supervisory level.
This role requires the ability to work with vulnerable people in a caring and compassionate way. A DBS check and relevant police/ prison clearance will be required to exclude any individuals with a history of behaviour which could be considered unacceptable (by G4S or the clients). Safety is of paramount importance and the post holder must ensure that safe systems of work are followed without compromise.
If you are successful at the interview stage, you will be required to complete all vetting paperwork within 7 working days.