Lead Installation Technician Mississauga Competitive
Lead Installation TechnicianLocation: Mississauga | Salary: Competitive | Posted: 5 Feb 2019 | Closes: 5 Mar 2019 | Job Type: Permanent & Full-time | Business Unit: Canada | Region / Division: North America | Reference: G4S/TP/2239755/144283
G4S is growing and we are in search of a Lead Technician for our technology division. This technician will be responsible for servicing our clients primarily in the GTA and SW Ontario region.
Reporting to the Installation Manager, this successful candidate will be responsible for the service of, installation of, and completion of, multiple electronic security projects/systems for various G4S customers. To succeed in this role, you will have a good grasp of IP and analog technologies but more importantly a passion for delivering exceptional customer service.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND FUNCTIONS
- Self performs in the installation of intrusion detection, access control, video surveillance systems and data communication systems. On-site work will include installation and configuration of head-end computer systems, termination, and calibration of field devices and sensors, and installation of communication infrastructure including conduit, enclosures and cabling or fiber optic cable
- Assists System Engineers, Project Managers, and Operations Managers with installation plans. and ongoing project workload
- Assists in site surveys and with developing cost estimates when required
- Assists with, staging projects.
- Completes job status reports, travel expense reports, safety logs, markups for as-built drawings, test reports and other documentation as required.
- Ad hoc duties as assigned by supervisor
- Participate in the service on-call (after hours standby and response) rotation responsibilities
- Manage and maintain truck inventory of security products, allocate and re-stock as necessary
- Provide technical support to field team, and liaise with product vendor support as needed
- Complete weekly timesheet
The Ideal Candidate:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE
Degree or certificate in Electronics, Electrical systems or related field with two years of field experience
Extensive knowledge of electronics, electrical systems, computer programming, networks, and IP security products as well as site- installations.
Candidates should also be adept (experienced and/or certified) in the use of the following or similar systems: AMAG Technologies, Keyscan, Milestone, AXIS, Avigilon and Bosch CCTV, Stentofon,. Training will be provided where applicable and when schedules permit.
HEALTH & SAFETY
Training and certification of WHMIS, First Aid, Working at Heights & lifts will be required, and is an asset if the candidate holds current certifications. Experience on an H&S committee or in a similar environment is desirable. Successful candidates must possess a valid driver’s license
Ability to read, analyze, and interpret engineering and construction drawings and specifications, and other documents.
Oral and written English technical language skills with the ability to interpret requirements and provide reports
Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions (troubleshooting). Ability to interpret a variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
While performing the duties of this job, the incumbent is regularly required to sit; use hand and fingers, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. The incumbent is required to walk daily on construction sites in rough terrain, and climb ladders and facilities under construction. The incumbent is occasionally required to stand for long periods of time. The incumbent may be required to lift and/or move up to 10 lbs. And occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 lbs. Working at heights (ladders or lifts) will be necessary. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the incumbent regularly may split time between work in a semi-quiet construction office environment and on construction sites, in customer’s offices or other facilities where there is moderate to occasional great noise levels, and ongoing operations. Minimal impact on a customer’s daily business operations, while carrying out the duties, is necessary. Local travel is required with occasional out of town/overnight scheduled projects.
About the Company:
G4S is an inclusive and equitable employer, encouraging applications from qualified women and men including persons with disabilities, members of visible minorities, and Aboriginal persons.
G4S est un employeur inclusif et équitable, en encourageant les candidatures de femmes qualifiées et les hommes y compris les personnes handicapées, les membres des minorités visibles et les personnes autochtones.
Jobs that might be of interest:Supervisor -Security Operations
Location: Etobicoke, Ontario
Apply now Assistant Supervisor - Security Operations Centre
Location: Mississauga, Ontario
Apply now City of Toronto – Civic Centers (Various locations) Security Guard Position
Location: North York
Apply now Site Supervisor
Location: Milton, ON
Apply now Valet / Security Guard - High end Condo